Scavenger - Tech Death Metal

MEGA DAVE

Mar 5, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I just started recording this band and they're damn good.

Nothing is final mix yet, just got drums, bass, and one guitar done, I split it hard left and right so its the same track on each side but left side is what came out of my 5150 head though a XXX cab with on sm57 straight into my fp10 and the right side is the di though solo c and ryans spreshi impulse. i hate the 5150 tone but tell me what ya think so far

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3210895/4-02.mp3

I'm not a huge fan of the 5150 tone but I like the song! Are the drums real or are they something like superior drummer 2? They sound pretty good for a rough mix!

the drums are as follows:

All midi, straight from Guitar Pro (its how they write)

Then I took the midi file and used ezdrummer dfh for the cymbals and toms

the kick is drumagog'd with 2 different kick samples blended (Z kick i think its called in slate? and the Tama Starclassic kick I found on here)

the snare is a mixture of 3 snares (12a snare hard + 12a snare Z4 + some snare sample I have that I titled ping snare, dont remember what it is just blended it a little to add some top end)

I think I'm gonna drop the 5150 tone and mess around with re-amping, i'm trying to get a Suffocation with some Necrophagist tone

The cymbals and toms in DFH sound ok but the snare, ugh, its just disgusting! Did you get the snare samples on here? or did you find them somewhere else?

i have no idea where i got anything anymore haha i have so many samples, but we're going for a low sounding snare, they really want something close to the main snare on Arsis's We Are the Nightmare