Scholomance, Ephel Duath and Alas

Apr 18, 2003
Perth
www.geocities.com
I just ordered these records from The End. I was wondering if anyone could give me any reviews on them. I am lazy on checking out new metal talent and went on anothers reccomendation. He says they are all good but Scholomance is the best. Also how long does overseas shipping take with The End?. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Alas is great IMO. Its by Eric from Hate Eternal, you might have already known that, yeah, with operatic female vocals and pretty cool riffing, you can tell he is a technical DM guitarist just by hearing his playing on the album. Plus the drumming is OFF THE HOOK!!!

I think the drummer is a black dude too if I'm not mistaken, you don't see that too often. I guess you don't see two mexicans in a band with two white swedish dudes that often either. :D

Ephel Duath releases range pretty broadly. Opera was symphonic black metal, Phormula / Rephormula was techno tinged post black metal a la Arcturus, and The Painter's Palette is metalcore / jazz fusion. The Painter's Palette is by far the best (it's not technical death at ALL).

Scholomance are extremely terrible "prog" death that is like Children of Bodom without the gayiety and also without the catchiness. They are a total wankfest with no emotion, no sense of songwriting, and horrible vocals. Avoid at ALL costs.