Some exclusive Ephel Duath news

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Here it is in it's original form. Davide's English is a lot better than my Italian :)

"Hello everybody, here's Davide from Ephel Duath.
In the last months we've worked really hard to ultimate the songs for our new album titled "The Painter's Palette". We will record it in July at Fear Studio in Italy and I'm proud to announce that Ephel Duath with this album will show you a new face, with a more human approach and less computers compared to "Phormula" and "Rephormula". The sound is really unpredictable, cynical, ambitious, weird as usual and full of diverse, unusual influences.

This is also possible thanks to the new members: an (in)human
classically-trained drummer, a bass player free-jazz-prog addict, a clean vocalist with a very "Toolish" style, and a really violent and sick sonic screamer that will kick your ass in our future live show...Yes! Because finally it will be possible for us to bring Ephel Duath on stage: we will start playing live gigs during Autumn-Winter 02, so watch out and prepare yourself...

The "Painter's Palette" will be a sort of "conceptual coloured album", infact, we will associate to every songs a particular colour that represents the mood and the meaning of the track... of course all the cd-packaging and artwork (by temno un.art as usual) will develop and enrich that concept...

Here are some working titles: " Ruins" (blue and a little violet), "The Picture (bordeaux)", "Praha" (ancient gold), "The Other's Touch" (Amaranth), "The Unpoetic Circle" (emerald green)... plus 5 more songs almost finished. The final goal, at the end, will be to enable you to draw by yourself your
very own "painting" of our sound, using "the Painter's Palette" of course...

We are also preparing ourselves for the shooting of our first VIDEO, for the song "the Embossed" on "Rephormula". We will shoot it soon in Padova and Venice, with the Skilled help of Massimiliano Valli, the Director. Expect something weird, dark and diverse, as usual from us.

Finally, in February 2002 we went to England to Promote "rephormula", doing interviews, photo-session and also to meet the guys from Earache and Elitist...All the stay was really cool, enjoy a small photo-report in the pictures-area of our official site www.ephelduath.net "

I, for one, am very excited about what Davide's had to say about the forthcoming recordings. It's an interesting and lofty concept. If anyone's going to pull it off then it's him.

We'll keep you updated on Ephel Duath news. Check out their site in the meantime.

Lee

I love Rephormula more and more each time I play it, and am very eager to hear the upcoming album. I wish them the best of luck. Making a video will be great for them.

hmm Jo entertains the thought of a Ephel Duath, Opeth tour :D

Hey I have won the Ephel Duath promo CD on Ultimate Metal, first of all thanks and I have to say that they are a very strange band , mix o thecno , death, black , some doom, samples , has been very hard to swallow this CD , but the thing I didn't like was the remixes, they suck!, and the demo song are just OK.

Hey Lee,

Damn Ephul Duarth are certainly one of a kind. Now that Davide actually has a FULL line up I guess we can expect some sonic devastation, ha ha.

Not much gets me going in metal these days - the same usual crap - but this band explores new musical terroritories.

Was looking forward to the interview with Davide this morning but he never rang??? Hopefully I will get a second chance.

Mark
Crestfallen Records