Correct pronunciation of Ephel Duath?

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
The Painter's Palette is so awesome, I feel pretty stupid not being sure how to pronounce the name of the band! So.........

Also.......what does "Ephel Duath" mean?:erk:

http://www.tolkien.homestead.com/files/gondormordor.jpg

On the right, middle.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ephel Duath[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]-- "The Mountains of Shadow" are an extremely good natural defence for Mordor, limiting access to a heavily guarded gate in the north. These mountains are dark, dreary walls that are impossible to pass, save through a tunnel guarded by Shelob, a great spider directely descended from Ungoliant, Greatest of Spiders.[/font]​

When Lee told me about Ephel Duath, I was really surprised! (That time I didn't know that Lee speaks a different english! No special "O"-sounds!) He said : we just got a master from EE-PHEL DOO-ATH... And I said yeah, great, but what is it? He looked at me and asked: I thought you new about this band on Elitist!! I said: I know all of them but have never heard about EE-PHEL DOO-ATH. Are you sure there is a band called like that on Elitist... Lee started thinking and in 5 minutes answered like: Yeah, I am damn sure... they are italians! Then I cried out loud - Now I get that! You mean EphEEEl DuAAAth!!! :lol:

Sonm said:
When Lee told me about Ephel Duath, I was really surprised! (That time I didn't know that Lee speaks a different english! No special "O"-sounds!) He said : we just got a master from EE-PHEL DOO-ATH... And I said yeah, great, but what is it? He looked at me and asked: I thought you new about this band on Elitist!! I said: I know all of them but have never heard about EE-PHEL DOO-ATH. Are you sure there is a band called like that on Elitist... Lee started thinking and in 5 minutes answered like: Yeah, I am damn sure... they are italians! Then I cried out loud - Now I get that! You mean EphEEEl DuAAAth!!! :lol:

That's a funny story!! :lol:
You should sign other bands that have complicated names.