EPHEL DUATH - The Painter's Palette

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Davide has recently given me the final track list for the upcoming Ephel Duath album to be recorded in the last half of this year. The album, The Painter's Palette, is a kind of a concept album, with each song said to evoke a particular colour. You, the listener, are the painter and the songs are to be used to complete the painting in your imagination. Here's the track list, along with the colours:

1 Ruins (blue and a little violet)
2 The Picture (Bordeaux)
3 Labyrinthine (crimson)
4 The Other's Touch (amaranth)
5 Praha (ancient gold)
6 The Unpoetic Circle (bottle green)
7 My Glass Shelter (dirty white)
8 Ironical Communion (bright orange)
9 The Passage (pearl grey)

The band now have a full line-up and recording will begin shortly. Guest appearances from established musicians are being lined-up too. It seems that Ephel Duath have captured the imagination of certain progressive metal musicians who are all willing to get involved with this new album.

In other Ephel Duath news, the band has also finished the promo video for the track "The Embossed". It's as schizophrenic and claustrophobic as the music, and is a perfect visualization of the organized chaos that is Ephel Duath. I'm hoping that the video will be streamed from the Earache website soon. I'll let you know.

As always, Ephel Duath's extremely stylish website is at www.ephelduath.it .

Cheers

Lee

Originally posted by Lee_B
To everyone else - buy the Void Of Silence CD put out by Emi's label Code 666. Great funereal doom in the style of Delorian or Skepticism. Lots of atmosphere and very dark indeed.

I agree completely. Infact the only thing I dislike about the album is the fact the fucking lyricist has the gall to mix 2 of Wilfred Owens WW1 poems (and edit out the sections that state categorically it isn't actually a wonderful thing to die for your country) with the official song of the Nazi party... But he's left now and it's a damn good album!! You can't decipher the lyrics anyway... (it pissed me off slightly incase you hadn't guessed ;) )(http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/t35837/s.html)

Not as good as Thee Maldoror Kollective tho :cool:

hello, just to inform everybody that we've updated the ephel duath official website www.ephelduath.net with a gallery of photos from the "Making of the Video" and the "Making of the Pre-production for the Painter's Palette". you'll see the new line-up and some pics from the Video too.

cheers,
EPHEL DUATH just returned from Fear Studio, where they recorded drums and bass lines for the new album.
we'll record guitars and vocals in September and October, then we'll do keyboards, samples and mix everything in November-december.
we are really satisfied by the final result of the rythmic session, a blasting free-jazz grooving assault...

That's good news indeed!
I envy those lucky guys who can record their sonmg in a good studio... "Waiting for the celebration in our town" - i like this saying...:)

Sonm, can't wait to hear your new album... i envy Lee that decided to sign your band before me... it's frustrating, because you sent me the promos 2 years ago... sometimes I'm so dumb... heheh...

Hi Emiliano, anyway we are very grateful even for that short positive review on code666's site. And you are not dumb at all being able to help such pearls like Rakoth to touch the stars.
... And strangly enough... We are so far from writing what we really want... Thanks Hord we seem to be getting closer to that...
Cheeeers!!

ephel duath will reharse with a second guitarist in September, he's a very talented young musician who is playing in a quite famous BM band from Italy... we hope he could be the one to complete the new line-up and be ready for the live-debut...
more news will follow.:err:

it is now confirmed that EPHEL DUATH will re-enter FEAR STUDIO on October the 7th to record guitars for the new album.
the band is thinking about the possivility to include an extra song to the 9 planned and composed til now.

Hello from Ephel Duath's camp.

Davide just ended recording guitars for the album, it was an hard job because there are TONS of 'em on the new album, each one with a different sound, each one with a different touch, but the outcome is Awesome, kind of a Jamming session between John Schofield and Burzum, with the apocalyptic guitar-sound of Neuroris... truly incredible...

on monday we recorded the Trumpet parts on 4 songs with a Professional Jazz player, you must have seen our :eek: faces while watching him recording those parts on our songs... think of Fred Madison from "Lost Highway" to get the picture...

now we started recording vocals, and hopefully we'll finish 'em at the end of this week, then we'll have more than 1 month to mix the album, and some great news are expected for the mixing-process too...

Originally posted by Emi
Hello from Ephel Duath's camp.

Davide just ended recording guitars for the album, it was an hard job because there are TONS of 'em on the new album, each one with a different sound, each one with a different touch, but the outcome is Awesome, kind of a Jamming session between John Schofield and Burzum, with the apocalyptic guitar-sound of Neuroris... truly incredible...

on monday we recorded the Trumpet parts on 4 songs with a Professional Jazz player, you must have seen our :eek: faces while watching him recording those parts on our songs... think of Fred Madison from "Lost Highway" to get the picture...

now we started recording vocals, and hopefully we'll finish 'em at the end of this week, then we'll have more than 1 month to mix the album, and some great news are expected for the mixing-process too...

Arrgghhh!! Send me an MP3 and I promise I'll never mention the Wales match :)

Lee

hehe ....no-one here from macedonia?!?! ...good

looking forward to this new album loads btw!!

i always thought of the colours a song invokes, but i thought it was just because i'm some kind of weirdo!! seems i'm not the only weirdo after all. :D

will there be any sort of ltd edition release i can pre-order? i likes my ltds & digipacks :)

Lee, you already mentioned the wales match, so you'll NEVER get that MP3 !!!! ;)

i joke of course... i will send you some previews as soon as we'll have a proper mix, because we jsut have a rough mix now (in a couple of songs there are 7 different guitars channels playing at the same time plus acoustic drums, percussions, bass, trumpet, vocals, synths and keys... it's really a mess without a mix. but i promise you'll be the first (as usual) to get the previews.

I must be honest with you: i'm really jealous, because this is THE ALBUM i'm dreaming of for my label since the beginning, it's really something BEYOND, and even if you are a nice guy, I'm so fucking jealous that it will be out on Elitist and not on code666... :mad:

BTW, we are planning to do a spacial kind of artwork due to the "Colour-concept", with whom i must speak for this?

we are happy to announce that the band Finished all the recordings for the new album. vocals turned out Great and we are very very pleased by the final result. now we'll take some days off to recover our ears :ill: and we'll start to mix the album. we'll probably change the tracklist... we'll see.

we've been working things out with Metal Hammer for an exclusive feature on the February 03 issue.
The MH studio report in to be held on Sunday, December 15th, at the Fear Studios and the journalist will be the chief editor himself Alex Ventriglia.

we'll have 5-6 songs ready, and of course we'll send a coupe of mp3 to Lee, so maybe he'll decide to put one online on the elitist website as a preview of the new album.

Excellent to hear all is going well with the recording. :)

The CD itself will be very special for computer owners, with an MPEG video of the track "The Embossed" (taken from the "Rephormula" album), as well as a video report of the "making of" The Painters Palette. Twan Sibon, known for his previous work with In Extremo and Cannibal Corpse, will put this together along with various photos, art, etc.
From your newsletter Lee, this is grand news!