School computers?

hypocrisy86

They All Knew Golgotha...
Feb 20, 2004
Texas
What type of computer does your school use?

Right now i'm in Desktop Publishing.
Using a Dell Optiplex 270

P4HT 3.2ghz 1gig Dual DDR400
12x DVD-RW, 250gig HDD
OS Windows XP Pro
And a Mac G5 Dual 2.0ghz 1gig DDR400

And for my Graphics communication
I use
Apple Emac 1.0ghz 512mb SDRAM
OS X
Nice little thing, i prefer macs now since they are more realible..
and also Power mac G4's.

I have no idea what the specs on em are, but my uni has these sweet computers which are about 12" x 12" in size and about 5" tall, with a DVD drive and floppy drive on the front, speakers coming out of the sides and an LCD monitor coming out the top. They're kewl.

Tanith said:
I have no idea what the specs on em are, but my uni has these sweet computers which are about 12" x 12" in size and about 5" tall, with a DVD drive and floppy drive on the front, speakers coming out of the sides and an LCD monitor coming out the top. They're kewl.

Is it an Apple?

Apple is always teh winnar.

We used to have 486/25's with 4 Mbytes RAM (8 on some if you were lucky, 0 on several because people tended to steal the SIMMs,) about 120 Mbyte hard drives, Windows 3.1, Netware and Netscape 2.02

Note that this was in a day when Pentium II or III was the state of the art... So... Yuck.

hypocrisy86 said:
What type of computer does your school use?

Right now i'm in Desktop Publishing.
Using a Dell Optiplex 270

P4HT 3.2ghz 1gig Dual DDR400
12x DVD-RW, 250gig HDD
OS Windows XP Pro
And a Mac G5 Dual 2.0ghz 1gig DDR400

And for my Graphics communication
I use
Apple Emac 1.0ghz 512mb SDRAM
OS X
Nice little thing, i prefer macs now since they are more realible..
and also Power mac G4's.

Nice set-ups, especially the Mac. I am not really a fan of Macs, but I'm no idiot. When it comes to Music Recording, Graphics Designs, and Film Development Macs are the kings.

I use:
AMD 64 Athlon 3200+ Clawhammer (1MB of L2 Cache)
Asus K8V SE Deluxe (by far the best 64-bit amd motherboard thats 754-pins)
80 GB 7200 PRM HDD (plan on getting atleast a 200 GB HDD, possibly external)
ATI Radeon 9800Pro (plays all the games, might upgrade to 6800Ultra, but I'll wait untill to xmas)
1 GB PNY PC3200 Ram
48x48x24x16x CD/CDR/CDRW/DVD drive (like i need to burn dvds, i work at BB)

I'm set for a while. I can play all the cool games like Doom 3, CS:S and Farscap on atleast medium quality, which is still mind-blowing. I built it myself and I plan on getting a new one next year and maybe a shuttle pc as well, we'll see. ;)

segaszivos said:
Nice set-ups, especially the Mac. I am not really a fan of Macs, but I'm no idiot. When it comes to Music Recording, Graphics Designs, and Film Development Macs are the kings.

I use:
AMD 64 Athlon 3200+ Clawhammer (1MB of L2 Cache)
Asus K8V SE Deluxe (by far the best 64-bit amd motherboard thats 754-pins)
80 GB 7200 PRM HDD (plan on getting atleast a 200 GB HDD, possibly external)
ATI Radeon 9800Pro (plays all the games, might upgrade to 6800Ultra, but I'll wait untill to xmas)
1 GB PNY PC3200 Ram
48x48x24x16x CD/CDR/CDRW/DVD drive (like i need to burn dvds, i work at BB)

I'm set for a while. I can play all the cool games like Doom 3, CS:S and Farscap on atleast medium quality, which is still mind-blowing. I built it myself and I plan on getting a new one next year and maybe a shuttle pc as well, we'll see. ;)

I have a
p4 1.6ghz
512mb sdram
9700 pro modded 80mm fan, HS
and i can play Doom 3 on high on 1024x768 from 15- 43 fps
with full AA and AF :)

My school computers are either P2 200mhz, 32mb ram, Windows 2000, or P4 3.2ghz, 512mb ram, WinXP.

Of course, I usually have the room with the Win2K

segaszivos said:

Care to explain how? I'm intrigued, really. I've nothing against Macs, but when the idiotic statement that they're somehow better at tasks that other machines can do just as well it's sort of annoying.

DE said:
Care to explain how? I'm intrigued, really. I've nothing against Macs, but when the idiotic statement that they're somehow better at tasks that other machines can do just as well it's sort of annoying.

I am not annoyed by macs. Its just that they have their purpose in the world and what people use them for is something that I don't do. I usually use my computer to play games, modify, and screw around with like a typical gamer. Why would I ever get a superb graphical machine that can only play Blizzard-made games? Plus I really enhjoy building computers; its like my calling, but you can't really build a mac from scratch, let alone modify most parts. If I was still doing 3d design I would get a mac, but I gave that up years ago, and when I feel the need I just use AutoCAD.

Well played for entirely missing the point of my post. I was asking why you claimed that Macs were better for design work, when they clearly aren't?

DE said:
Well played for entirely missing the point of my post. I was asking why you claimed that Macs were better for design work, when they clearly aren't?

My school uses G5's with Keyboards from Apple,
they are the master at sound developement...
But, i like doing all my shit on my pc, so i don't care if it's a mac or pc...

Seriously though, stop saying "They are the uber best at all the creative things lol" and actually tell me why they are, please.