School computers?

...where did that review state it was good for graphic design? :err: Benchmarks of Photoshop performance on Macs were refuted ages ago, since it turned out Apple cheated the benchmarks to score higher.

Here's why: In a bit of classic benchmark trickery, Apple's systems were highly tuned in non-standard ways that would provide the best scores on specific benchmarks. Meanwhile, the PCs used to compete against the G5 were saddled with generic tools. Furthermore, advanced Pentium 4 features such as hyperthreading were actually turned off, artificially lowering that system's scores. What's most interesting is that Veritest actually has results for various Pentium 4 systems in which these features are enabled. Guess which system, Mac or PC, comes out ahead when these results are used.

The Mac G5 TV advert was even banned in the UK for misleading people :lol:

Here's some more info refuting claims that the Mac is as powerful as Apple claim; http://spl.haxial.net/apple-powermac-G5/

Also, care to name some of this fantastic uber-software? I don't know that much about Windows software (I use Linux), but I'm sure there's loads of comparable/better software for Windows than Mac, what with Mac users being a tiny minority compared to PC users.

DE said:
...where did that review state it was good for graphic design? :err: Benchmarks of Photoshop performance on Macs were refuted ages ago, since it turned out Apple cheated the benchmarks to score higher.

The Mac G5 TV advert was even banned in the UK for misleading people :lol:

Here's some more info refuting claims that the Mac is as powerful as Apple claim; http://spl.haxial.net/apple-powermac-G5/

Also, care to name some of this fantastic uber-software? I don't know that much about Windows software (I use Linux), but I'm sure there's loads of comparable/better software for Windows than Mac, what with Mac users being a tiny minority compared to PC users.

To answer your question go here www.apple.com and search for their synthesizers and motion suites plus graphics software lazy ass....
reason why their are less macs users is, because the people who use mac like the G5's do mostly all sound,graphic design, which your average everyday computer user doesn't... it's obvious.

hypocrisy86 said:
To answer your question go here www.apple.com and search for their synthesizers and motion suites plus graphics software lazy ass....
reason why their are less macs users is, because the people who use mac like the G5's do mostly all sound,graphic design, which your average everyday computer user doesn't... it's obvious.

Again, can I have some evidence please? Your argument so far has consisted of "Look dude it's just better, it's obvious that they are, ok? Don't question Apple."

The reason why there are less Mac users than PC users is due to two things.

1. People get PCs with Windows on. People are relatively content.
2. Apples are overpriced eyecandy.

DE said:
Again, can I have some evidence please? Your argument so far has consisted of "Look dude it's just better, it's obvious that they are, ok? Don't question Apple."

The reason why there are less Mac users than PC users is due to two things.

1. People get PCs with Windows on. People are relatively content.
2. Apples are overpriced eyecandy.

Your wrong

Apples are intenrally designed better, have better cooling
Even if you have the eMac the cooling is decent.
the G5 Makes no noise at all, even though it has 6 fans
and the programs on G5 processors run alot faster, the newer G5's were tweaked to run 3D applications faster than last years model
and only people who do work use Macs like developmental work
the G5 performs any task even if you have a shit load of programs on flawlessly, no lag at all, from what i experienced, the reason why their over priced is obvious but someone with a thick skull as of yourself didn't realize this, they are not met for average users, they are for people who want to do more work than a PC can handle. plain and simple.

hypocrisy86 said:
Your wrong

Apples are intenrally designed better, have better cooling

Surely it depends on what case my PC has? My case has perfectly adequate cooling, thanks.

Even if you have the eMac the cooling is decent.

And even the eMac's price is far more than a PC of equivelant performance.

the G5 Makes no noise at all, even though it has 6 fans

Fans are standard, you dolt. I could just as easily put some SilenX fans in my PC case and it would be quiet as a mouse.

and the programs on G5 processors run alot faster, the newer G5's were tweaked to run 3D applications faster than last years model

Any links to some benchmarks that prove this, preferably ones that weren't forged by Apple, please?

and only people who do work use Macs like developmental work

How is a Mac more beneficial for developmental work? Surely it depends what the target platform is for the product you're developing?

the G5 performs any task even if you have a shit load of programs on flawlessly, no lag at all, from what i experienced,

As does my PC, thanks. I'm content with the same performance, a better OS and 3/4s of the price tag, thanks.

the reason why their over priced is obvious

Because Apple know that saps will fall for the hype and buy them whatever the cost?

but someone with a thick skull as of yourself didn't realize this,

Yes, because I'm sure the one coming off as a mindless zealot here, aren't I!

they are not met for average users, they are for people who want to do more work than a PC can handle. plain and simple.

And what are these things that a PC can't handle? Again, you fail to back up any of your points, and resort to pathetic insults instead of trying to actually make a cohesive argument.

DE said:
Surely it depends on what case my PC has? My case has perfectly adequate cooling, thanks.

Yes, because I'm sure the one coming off as a mindless zealot here, aren't I!

And what are these things that a PC can't handle? Again, you fail to back up any of your points, and resort to pathetic insults instead of trying to actually make a cohesive argument.

A.eMac is 700$ and plays Quake 3 Team Arena faster than my P4 with 9700 Pro sadly.
B.G5 1999$ Reason why it has two processors which you don't know or care to find out cus your a lazy ass, is ONE processes applications THE other operates the system, so, Making it far better for 3D art, sound editing, it can use Maya 6 Unlimited while playing Foobar2000 and Bryce with out flinching, trust me, a single pc would lag. if you don't know Maya is a 6,500$ 3D art program, renderer and simulation.

C. your more of a dumbass than i expected

Apple wasn't designed for playing games, it they weren't designed for hard core wannabe people like you who want to waste money on senseless products to make the computer better when you can get an apple that is flawless.

Would you buy a dual PC for more than 1999$ to run those programs faster? or should i say HAVE TO? yes you would,
a Dual G5 1.8 is 1999$ and will run any application with stock ram and everything stock, at good nice speeds, i used G5s for editing and yes, even my friends dual Xeon 3.6 couldn't quite do as much without the CPU's Flinching. The 64-bit architexture makes the programs run faster, though, they are not 64-bit programs, the whole thing and the way the Processor is built on is more advanced than the Athlon FX is, ever wonder why they never compare the Athlon or Intel to a dual 2.5ghz G5? they know it will win, in full time rendering processing.and besides you never used a G5 so you shouldn't be bitching your pussy lips off, you've probably been using a pc for your whole life, sad. i used Apple IIe iMac eMac, G4, now G5, i have an Athlon 1.0ghz P4 1.6ghz...and a laptop Compaq X1000 Centrino 1.6ghz. and i shit you now without a doubt the G5 alone can do more than any of the above without any error or difficulty. to get evidence, get off your lazy ass and go to a store and use programs on a G5, all i can prove is what i experienced with 7 years of using Apple and PC. also, those products like the Silentx is over priced as well and it's sad dweebs like you actually buy those eye candy to up your already shitty computer, which a G5 doesn't need anything to upgrade, the fans inside it are smooth ball bearing, the fans are metal not shitty plastic and don't die out at all, Apple isn't eye candy, it looks good cus it is good, but you woulnd't know that cus you never used a G4 or above long enough to feel the full experience of it.

As does my PC, thanks. I'm content with the same performance, a better OS and 3/4s of the price tag, thanks.

Mac OS X is better than any windows you pathetic worm, Windows crashes, is also easier to get viruses and other unwanted shit on your pc, as though, the Mac OS is far more advanced than any Windows even Media center edition.

And even the eMac's price is far more than a PC of equivelant performance.

eMac can run faster and is just as good as any pc in the range of 699$ and 999$ which is how much the low and high end versions cost. and they come with a customized 16 watt built in mini speakers system which isn't bad at all, not unless you want a sub connected to it.

Any links to some benchmarks that prove this, preferably ones that weren't forged by Apple, please?

Like i said your a lazy ass, go find them yourself, omg how low...

How is a Mac more beneficial for developmental work? Surely it depends what the target platform is for the product you're developing?

Bout 75% of the expensive programs for Graphic simulation making is more usefull on a Mac, ask people for their own words to clarify this.

Because Apple know that saps will fall for the hype and buy them whatever the cost?

No, Just cus Macs look fancy, does'nt mean it's a gimic, as of people like you fall for other over priced PC parts. which i myself can get for cheap.

Fans are standard, you dolt. I could just as easily put some SilenX fans in my PC case and it would be quiet as a mouse.

Fans that are Silent as they are on G5 are not standard, tell me did your pc come with noiseless fans? probably not know you had to UPGRADE them, haha.

Now, for someone as stupid as you, i hope all of this is clear for your thick skull. now stop your bitch'n n'complaing and just suck up the fact Macs are better.

Thank you, have a nice day.

CINEBENCH 2003 v1
Processor : PowerMac G5
MHz : 2500
Number of CPUs : 2
Operating System : OS X 10.3.4
Graphics Card : GF 6800 Ultra DDL
Resolution : 2560x1600
Color Depth : millions
Rendering (Single CPU): 356 CB-CPU (Dual 2.0 = 219)
Rendering (Multiple CPU): 633 CB-CPU (Dual 2.0 = 401)

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.78 (Dual 2.0 = 1.83)

Shading (CINEMA 4D): 335 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 266)
Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 995 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 661)
Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 1794 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 1168)

OpenGL Speedup: 5.36 (Dual 2.0 = 4.40)

hypocrisy86 said:
A.eMac is 700$ and plays Quake 3 Team Arena faster than my P4 with 9700 Pro sadly.
B.G5 1999$ Reason why it has two processors which you don't know or care to find out cus your a lazy ass, is ONE processes applications THE other operates the system, so, Making it far better for 3D art, sound editing, it can use Maya 6 Unlimited while playing Foobar2000 and Bryce with out flinching, trust me, a single pc would lag. if you don't know Maya is a 6,500$ 3D art program, renderer and simulation.

Wow, that's great! That's nothing like a P4 with hyperthreading... oh, wait.

C. your more of a dumbass than i expected

Apple wasn't designed for playing games, it they weren't designed for hard core wannabe people like you who want to waste money on senseless products to make the computer better when you can get an apple that is flawless.

Or people that waste money getting an Apple in the first place :err:

Would you buy a dual PC for more than 1999$ to run those programs faster? or should i say HAVE TO? yes you would,

Not that I'd have to pay $1999 for a PC with a P4HT that would also outperform the G5 by a long shot, and also have vastly superior hardware and software compatability.

a Dual G5 1.8 is 1999$ and will run any application with stock ram and everything stock, at good nice speeds,

So will my P4.

i used G5s for editing and yes, even my friends dual Xeon 3.6 couldn't quite do as much without the CPU's Flinching.

Your friend has a dual Xeon? :err: Not exactly your typical home setup.

The 64-bit architexture makes the programs run faster, though, they are not 64-bit programs,

Or I could get an Athlon64 and run natively in 64 bit under Linux, wouldn't that be nice ;)

the whole thing and the way the Processor is built on is more advanced than the Athlon FX is, ever wonder why they never compare the Athlon or Intel to a dual 2.5ghz G5? they know it will win, in full time rendering processing.

If you or anyone else have never ever compared these two, how do you know that the G5 would win? And if it was such a sure thing, why aren't Apple all over it, calling the G5 the A64 beater?

and besides you never used a G5 so you shouldn't be bitching your pussy lips off, you've probably been using a pc for your whole life, sad. i used Apple IIe iMac eMac, G4, now G5, i have an Athlon 1.0ghz P4 1.6ghz...and a laptop Compaq X1000 Centrino 1.6ghz. and i shit you now without a doubt the G5 alone can do more than any of the above without any error or difficulty.

No shit, idiot! You can't seriously expect a Centrino 1.6 to be able to compete with a G5, can you? :err:

to get evidence, get off your lazy ass and go to a store and use programs on a G5, all i can prove is what i experienced with 7 years of using Apple and PC.

I've used both, thanks, and I know which one I like better.

also, those products like the Silentx is over priced as well

$10 for a fan is overpriced? :err:

and it's sad dweebs like you actually buy those eye candy to up your already shitty computer,

The SilenX is just a plain, regular old fan, I fail to see how you can call it "eye candy". Rather ironic though, since everything Apple does focuses on the design and visual look of the product (which isn't a bad thing usually).

which a G5 doesn't need anything to upgrade, the fans inside it are smooth ball bearing, the fans are metal not shitty plastic and don't die out at all,

SilenX fans are metal too. And I'm sure that not one G5 fan has ever broken in the world ever.

Apple isn't eye candy, it looks good cus it is good, but you woulnd't know that cus you never used a G4 or above long enough to feel the full experience of it.

I'm referring to OSX when I say eye-candy. Obviously it's a purely subjective issue but that's my opinion nontheless - I prefer minimalistic desktops :)

Mac OS X is better than any windows you pathetic worm, Windows crashes, is also easier to get viruses and other unwanted shit on your pc, as though, the Mac OS is far more advanced than any Windows even Media center edition.

I don't doubt it is - the reason I switched away from Windows long ago. You still use Windows though, don't you? ;)

eMac can run faster and is just as good as any pc in the range of 699$ and 999$ which is how much the low and high end versions cost. and they come with a customized 16 watt built in mini speakers system which isn't bad at all, not unless you want a sub connected to it.

I don't doubt it is - Apple are certainly concentrating on becoming more affordable and, mainly down to the iPod's success, more people are considering them when they buy a computer. As I said, I don't dislike Apple, it's just plain to see that there's nothing they do considerably better than a PC like you zealots claim. The problem with Apple is they don't really fit a niche, other than people who concentrate on fashion more than function. If you want a budget computer then you can get the same performance from a PC for cheaper, and if you want performance then you can get more performance out of a PC. Where does Apple fit?

Like i said your a lazy ass, go find them yourself, omg how low...

:err:

In English, please?

Bout 75% of the expensive programs for Graphic simulation making is more usefull on a Mac, ask people for their own words to clarify this.

Nice statistic there wiseguy. I'm sure that has a great founding in real life. "75% of expensive programs is more usefull on a Mac"? :lol:

No, Just cus Macs look fancy, does'nt mean it's a gimic, as of people like you fall for other over priced PC parts. which i myself can get for cheap.

You're accusing PC components of being expensive? :err: Apple's components are considerably more expensive than PC components :err:

Fans that are Silent as they are on G5 are not standard, tell me did your pc come with noiseless fans? probably not know you had to UPGRADE them, haha.

My PC came with noiseless fans, since I built it myself. The choice of components by PC manufacturers is hardly a reflection on the entire architecture, is it :rolleyes:

Now, for someone as stupid as you, i hope all of this is clear for your thick skull. now stop your bitch'n n'complaing and just suck up the fact Macs are better.

Well since yet again you've posted something consisting of nothing but bullshit and opinion, and have again failed to post anything worthwhile that shows without a doubt that Macs are so utterly incredibly for media work.... no.

Thank you, have a nice day.

thx

CINEBENCH 2003 v1
Processor : PowerMac G5
MHz : 2500
Number of CPUs : 2
Operating System : OS X 10.3.4
Graphics Card : GF 6800 Ultra DDL
Resolution : 2560x1600
Color Depth : millions
Rendering (Single CPU): 356 CB-CPU (Dual 2.0 = 219)
Rendering (Multiple CPU): 633 CB-CPU (Dual 2.0 = 401)

Multiprocessor Speedup: 1.78 (Dual 2.0 = 1.83)

Shading (CINEMA 4D): 335 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 266)
Shading (OpenGL Software Lighting) : 995 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 661)
Shading (OpenGL Hardware Lighting) : 1794 CB-GFX (Dual 2.0 = 1168)

OpenGL Speedup: 5.36 (Dual 2.0 = 4.40)

Uhh... well done? You're supposed to actually compare things when running benchmarks, you know.

DE said:
Wow, that's great! That's nothing like a P4 with hyperthreading... oh, wait.

Or people that waste money getting an Apple in the first place :err:

Not that I'd have to pay $1999 for a PC with a P4HT that would also outperform the G5 by a long shot, and also have vastly superior hardware and software compatability.

Answer me this DO you use a G5 for Maya?
fact you only know what people tell you, while you never used a decent mac before. dumbass, plain and forwarding headfull that your fucktard judging by past experience and what people tell,

if not your pussy lips shouldn't be flapping.

So will my P4.

Your friend has a dual Xeon? :err: Not exactly your typical home setup.

Or I could get an Athlon64 and run natively in 64 bit under Linux, wouldn't that be nice ;)

If you or anyone else have never ever compared these two, how do you know that the G5 would win? And if it was such a sure thing, why aren't Apple all over it, calling the G5 the A64 beater?

No shit, idiot! You can't seriously expect a Centrino 1.6 to be able to compete with a G5, can you? :err:

I've used both, thanks, and I know which one I like better.

$10 for a fan is overpriced? :err:

The SilenX is just a plain, regular old fan, I fail to see how you can call it "eye candy". Rather ironic though, since everything Apple does focuses on the design and visual look of the product (which isn't a bad thing usually).

SilenX fans are metal too. And I'm sure that not one G5 fan has ever broken in the world ever.

I'm referring to OSX when I say eye-candy. Obviously it's a purely subjective issue but that's my opinion nontheless - I prefer minimalistic desktops :)

I don't doubt it is - the reason I switched away from Windows long ago. You still use Windows though, don't you? ;)

I don't doubt it is - Apple are certainly concentrating on becoming more affordable and, mainly down to the iPod's success, more people are considering them when they buy a computer. As I said, I don't dislike Apple, it's just plain to see that there's nothing they do considerably better than a PC like you zealots claim. The problem with Apple is they don't really fit a niche, other than people who concentrate on fashion more than function. If you want a budget computer then you can get the same performance from a PC for cheaper, and if you want performance then you can get more performance out of a PC. Where does Apple fit?

:err:

In English, please?

Nice statistic there wiseguy. I'm sure that has a great founding in real life. "75% of expensive programs is more usefull on a Mac"? :lol:

You're accusing PC components of being expensive? :err: Apple's components are considerably more expensive than PC components :err:

My PC came with noiseless fans, since I built it myself. The choice of components by PC manufacturers is hardly a reflection on the entire architecture, is it :rolleyes:

Well since yet again you've posted something consisting of nothing but bullshit and opinion, and have again failed to post anything worthwhile that shows without a doubt that Macs are so utterly incredibly for media work.... no.

thx

Uhh... well done? You're supposed to actually compare things when running benchmarks, you know.

Just cus you can't afford an apple doesn't mean their bad.
DE, you egotistic maggotball poo.
If you want fucking proof GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS.
LASY ASS. if you want the proof, all you gotta do is use the mouse and keyboard to find it? why in the fuck would i do it for you in the first place, Faggot.
Answer me this DO you use a G5 for Maya?
fact you only know what people tell you, while you never used a decent mac before. dumbass, plain and forwarding headfull that your fucktard judging by past experience and what people say. just cus your can't afford, just cus YOU think it's expenisive when in fact where i live people can actually fucking afford the shit, not my fault the VAT tax fucks you up the ass. not a fucking good reason to bitch.

TO END THIS RANTING, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
You never used a G5 before, as i do,
You,Are,A, Moron.

I'm not feeling good DE for the past week i have been having difficulty with medical and mental problems... I went to see my psychiatrist since my family is back on Insurance but our HMO doesn't cover my doctor, so we fucking pay gay ass fulll god damn fucking price... and i told him i want off Geo Don.. .and Effexor XR. Either way, i take medicine or i don't i will still have schizophrenia and bi-boplar.. i agree with some friends that there is no treatment or prevention for my current status, which is unstable.

Well played for making a total arse of yourself, though. Good show! It's always nice to have a mature discussion with well thought-out and cohesive points. It just makes life worth living :)

DE said:
Well played for making a total arse of yourself, though. Good show! It's always nice to have a mature discussion with well thought-out and cohesive points. It just makes life worth living :)

I didn't make myself look like a jackass.
this happens frequently, in real life as well..
You don't even know what it feels like.

Shitty 500-1GHz old, dirty Windows boxes. The school = MS whores, I keep a copy of the Firefox installer on my thumbdrive to install whenever I'm in a computer class.

I don't know how the world can use Windows when Macs are so much better, and have been for pretty much ever. Then again, I suppose one may tire of not constantly combatting viruses, spyware, adware and the rest of those wonderful Windows exclusive goodies. But then again, who wants an operating system that does what it wants?

Barnolde said:
I don't know how the world can use Windows when Macs are so much better, and have been for pretty much ever. Then again, I suppose one may tire of not constantly combatting viruses, spyware, adware and the rest of those wonderful Windows exclusive goodies. But then again, who wants an operating system that does what it wants?

But you have to buy shitty hardware at the expense of having a good OS :( I'd rather stick with Linux thx.

DE said:
But you have to buy shitty hardware at the expense of having a good OS :( I'd rather stick with Linux thx.

I found out from a technican at my school who works on the macs
He said the video cards that are known from ATI as "Mac Edition" 128mbs cards for the Mac can run just as good as a PC 256mb... well i played UT4 on a 64mb 5200 Ultra on a dual 2.0ghz..and it ran it nicely..good smooth graphics.
Also note, they are more expensive. but for the perfomance it's worth it.
I might buy me a 9800 Pro for my school computer for the Dual 2.0ghz the teacher has a 3,000$ XGA LCD projector! I'll play Doom 3 there when it's out for Mac, which is coming out.. My friend in Japan told me the mac version will run good on a 9800 Pro stock, i don't know any one who Oc'ed a Mac GPU..
I also got to look at the inside of the G5, and shit, it's not Eyecandy, you snap off the outside aluminum case, then theres a transparent shield with a handle you take out to make sure theres no dust on the aluminum, then theres 2 92mm fans for each CPU..that make no noise. and theres a 80mm fan on top and a small fan on the bottom and the whole hot air comes out the back, so kool...I also noticed the Mobo is quite nicely fit inside it, it has 8 DDR400 Sockets, to hold 8gigs of ram, 8 ram slots... and each CPU has a humungus Aluminum And copper bottom Heatsink around it.. shits engineered for heavy duty!...And they don't weigh that much as i thought... the Dells we use weigh alot... and the G5's only got 1gig of ram... well i'm off
I need to finish drinking my 64oz of water and work out, Tschau

This is what we used at school
itlab0.jpg