School me on tracking in PT LE..

Set up the template, let's call it Template 1. Apple+S (Alt+S on PC?) to save the session. Next, create a folder somewhere called PT Templates. This can even be on the desktop, it doesn't matter. Where it will be easiest for you to get to. Go to the Template 1 session folder and copy only the session file Template 1.pts (.ptf if you're on PT 6 or earlier) to the PT Templates folder. Right-click on the the Template 1 file > Get Info (on PC I think it's called Properties?) and change the permissions to Read Only and lock it. Delete the Template 1 session folder now. Go back to Pro Tools and create a new session for the song you're going to be working on. Let's call it... shit, I don't know - Song 1. Once you've created the session, go to File > Import > Session Data and select the Template.pts file. The next dialog will give you options on which portions of the session data you want to import. Option-click on one of the track's destination and select 'New Track' to create new tracks for every one in your session template. You can de-select the 'Tempo / Meter Map' and 'Markers / Memory Locations' because you will create those in the actual session. You don't need the SRC, because there is no audio. Then click OK and it will create new tracks corresponding to what was in your template. Apple-S (Alt+S on PC?) to save the Song 1 session. That's it, now everything you record should be in the Song 1 session folder and the Template 1 session file will still be in the Session Templates folder without any Audio Files, Fade Files folders, etc. Whenever you begin a new song, just create a new session follow the steps from Import > Session Data.

Hope this helps.

Nice i knew i had something wrong...THANKS SO MUCH:headbang:

I know these aren't particularly strong arguements, but Pro Tools is industry standard. There is more of a chance being hired as an OP or whatever, if you are comfortable with pro tools.

Also when recording bands, if you tell them you have Pro Tools, they generally think you are professional. Where as, especially with Cubase, its connected which cheap PC DAW. Im not saying its true, but its the impression.

Thats why there are those rack units which have loads of flashing lights, but don't do fuck all.

Well im pretty comfy in cubase. But I am looking at which one has the best performance for semi-pro to pro user. As I am still pretty new I'd prefer to start with the best and not have to change daw down the line.

So :
Pro Tools
Cubase
Nuendo
Sonar

Well im pretty comfy in cubase. But I am looking at which one has the best performance for semi-pro to pro user. As I am still pretty new I'd prefer to start with the best and not have to change daw down the line.

So :
Pro Tools
Cubase
Nuendo
Sonar

They all accomplish the same thing but.....

Protools all the way:headbang:

I've owned an MBox2 Mini for 6 months now and I still can't stand Digidesign, nor their method of capping the hell out of LE.

I only ever use LE for editing sessions I've tracked in PT back at home. I find getting around its caps to be very annoying and detrimental to my workflow. I still use Nuendo for all my mixing.

The unreliability of ProTools, crossed with the hardware dongle, topped up with arbitrary, software-imposed restrictions makes it nearly useless to me.

I've owned an MBox2 Mini for 6 months now and I still can't stand Digidesign, nor their method of capping the hell out of LE.

I only ever use LE for editing sessions I've tracked in PT back at home. I find getting around its caps to be very annoying and detrimental to my workflow. I still use Nuendo for all my mixing.

The unreliability of ProTools, crossed with the hardware dongle, topped up with arbitrary, software-imposed restrictions makes it nearly useless to me.

Whenever I see stuff like this I am torn....b/c on the one hand digidesign limits LE severely for very transparent reasons. But on the other hand a full (not academic or cracked) copy of Nuendo costs more 4 TIMES MORE than and M-Box2 w/ PT LE. For that matter cubase costs nearly twice as much as an mbox2 w/PT LE.
My point is, that it just isn't a fair comparison. Nuendo is in a class w/ HD price-wise and should be compared thusly.

Well it can be compared to Cubase LE, which comes bundled with the Presonus Firebox for a similar price as the Mbox 2, and has less capping. One of the most notable elements of Cubase LE is the 48 track cap, rather than PT LE's 32. Along with that, you're not limited to using the Firebox if you happen to acquire a better interface down the line.

Well it can be compared to Cubase LE, which comes bundled with the Presonus Firebox for a similar price as the Mbox 2, and has less capping. One of the most notable elements of Cubase LE is the 48 track cap, rather than PT LE's 32. Along with that, you're not limited to using the Firebox if you happen to acquire a better interface down the line.
This is true and a much better comparison. I will say tho that while cubase LE has a higher total track count, it limits you to 4 ins/outs which would discourage most folks from bothering to upgrade their interface and continue using it.

I agree w/egan. For the cost of an m-box, you get a decent interface AND Pro Tools LE.

LE may be limited, but it's probably the only 'LE" based software I can actually get along with.

Nuendo being $2,000 PLUS the cost of an interface (which if you paid $2,000 for a piece of software, I'd presume you'd invest in something quality to use it with.

I'm almost sure most of us who do use Nuendo, have not paid for it. Ahem. This may be an over-generalization, but you get my drift.

If Pro Tools HD could possibly be cracked and used with any interface, I guarantee most of us would be using it :)

I will say that Pro Tools can be a fucking bitch sometimes with all it's random Access Violations and DAE error's.

So with cubase le you can only record 4 tracks in at once? I'll be getting it with my first interface really soon and wasn't aware of what exactly the limitations are

bear with me guys
photos will come.
but y know, what with having a job and that, aint got the time!