Scorpions DVDs

Haven't gotten Wacken yet, cuz the distro in NA is shite again. Not paying EU pricing and shipping. I din't get Unbreakable cuz I heard it was just okay, a lot of jumpy filming and an unsteady camera.

I just got the Unbreakable DVD a couple weeks ago. It's okay, but I've only watched it three times, so I'd have to call it unremarkable (although I'm not sure why at this point).

Now the Wacken DVD I am totally looking forward to! I've got it on pre-order from Amazon and last update they sent said it would ship on/around the 12th. I heard this was an awesome show, made legendary by the fact that past band members (Micheal Schenker, Uli Jon Roth, and Herman Rarebell) make guest appearances.

I am starting to think I was a bit lucky to get this already, even if it was only pushed back to next week.

I cannot begin to explain the euphoria I felt when Uli comes out and they break into Pictured Life. Pretty much perfection...I had goosebumps.

btw, I sometimes forget how much I worship Matthias Jabs. He sometimes slips my mind when we list our favorite guitarists here, but he's easily in my top 10, knocking on the door of the top 5. He is always so spot on, and this show was no different beginning with him totally nailing Coming Home and Bad Boys Running Wild. Very controlled, effortless, and above all, an extremely tasty player.

btw, I sometimes forget how much I worship Matthias Jabs. He sometimes slips my mind when we list our favorite guitarists here, but he's easily in my top 10, knocking on the door of the top 5. He is always so spot on, and this show was no different beginning with him totally nailing Coming Home and Bad Boys Running Wild. Very controlled, effortless, and above all, an extremely tasty player.

Ha! I never forget Matthias Jabs when mentioning my faves. That guy has always written the most appropriate and melodic solos for each song. The one in Rock You Like a Hurricane is godly!

I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this one! To hear all that really old Scorpions stuff... I drool at the thought.