Now this I find interesting

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
SCORPIONS Confirmed For Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival - Feb. 10, 2006

Long-running German hard rockers SCORPIONS have been confirmed for this year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 3-5 in Wacken, Germany. The billing is now shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):

ABORTED
AMON AMARTH
ATHEIST
BATTLELORE
BLOODTHORN
BORN FROM PAIN
CELTIC FROST
CHILDREN OF BODOM
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
EKTOMORF
EMPEROR
END OF GREEN
FINNTROLL
GAMMA RAY
IN EXTREMO
KORPIKLAANI
METAL INQUISITOR
MINISTRY
MYSTIC CIRCLE
NEVERMORE
ORPHANED LAND
PRIMAL FEAR
SCORPIONS
SIX FEET UNDER
SOILWORK
SUBWAY TO SALLY
WINTERSUN

:confused: :confused: :confused: Now you know I absolutely luuuuuuv the Scorps but with the list of others attending it's like ....which one of these bands doesn't belong:err:

The lineup seems a little bit of an eclectic mix with some older bands & some newer bands, so the Scorpions don't seem to be THAT far out of the mix. I'm sure they'll help sell a few tickets. I saw the scorpions a couple of years ago and they really disappointed me with a real lackluster show. Not sure if they were just having a bad night or what.

From all of the bands I have seen live, the older bands put on a better live show. So the presence of an older band shouldn't be discounted. I'm not really a fan of The Scopions but I wouldn't mind seeing them live.

kittybeast said:
ATHEIST
CELTIC FROST
GAMMA RAY
PRIMAL FEAR
SCORPIONS
SUBWAY TO SALLY

I found those either cool or worth to check, the rest range from unappealing to :yuk:

It'll be just fine, as long as they tweak their setlist toward the old/heavy, and don't bust out the "Tease Me Please Me".

Dee Snarl said:
It'll be just fine, as long as they tweak their setlist toward the old/heavy, and don't bust out the "Tease Me Please Me".

Each time I go to a Scorps show I'm always hoping, wishing and praying for some older tunes. In 2002/3 i got my wish... I finally heard 'In Trance" and "Fly to the Rainbow" live.

Sadly the Scorps don't often pull out their old classics.

i'd love to go to the Wacken show...............

junnie from the east said:
i'd love to see those bands! especially pagan/folk metal!!! :hotjump:

IMO nobody does folk metal like Skyclad although I have been growing on Tuatha De Dannan (especially when they're not growling).

NP: Solstice - 'The Sleeping Tyrant'

Eh, the Skyclad albums I got sounded too punk for my tastes. I love the folk elements but the guitar tone doesn't do anything for me.

Orphaned Land rules! Mabool made #2 on my favorites list for 2004. Wuthering Heights is right up there with OL. Also like Falconer, Cruachan, TYR and The Storyteller.

NP: The Storyteller - Under World

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Eh, the Skyclad albums I got sounded too punk for my tastes. I love the folk elements but the guitar tone doesn't do anything for me.

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I wonder which ones do you have.

Ramsey and English are the most underrated prolific composers in metal IMO, from Satan to Skyclad those guys produced just great music. And if you add the genius of Walkyier lyrics you have one of the freshest most original bands in metal since Judas Priest showed up.

P.S. I forgot to add Wuthering Heights and Týr.

You looked SHOCKED, Wyv! I have three Skyclads: Folkemon, Irrational Anthems, and Daylight Heeltaps.

Those have a punkish tone to the guitar that I knew would please my friend Lorenzo (who I grew up with jamming metal but is now more of a punk fan). I played them for him back in summer of '04 and I was dead on. He totally got into them, buying much of their catalogue. He said they went through many phases though, never stayed in one direction too long. I haven't heard anything from their early years.

NP: Glenn Hughes - Soul Mover

kittybeast said:
SCORPIONS Confirmed For Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival - Feb. 10, 2006

Long-running German hard rockers SCORPIONS have been confirmed for this year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 3-5 in Wacken, Germany. The billing is now shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):

CELTIC FROST
CHILDREN OF BODOM
GAMMA RAY
NEVERMORE
SCORPIONS

:confused: :confused: :confused: Now you know I absolutely luuuuuuv the Scorps but with the list of others attending it's like ....which one of these bands doesn't belong:err:

Ha ha ha the bands I left there should be interesting. Children of Bodom is actually death metallish, but the singer has more of a higher screech as opposed to a growl. They also have some pretty catchy tunes. I seriously doubt you are planning on flying to Germany for that line-up, but I wouldn't mind seeing those five bands.

Bryant

junnie from the east said:
hehehe my friend just showed me that video a couple of days ago and i love it!!! what a timing you mentioned about them here :D
they released 3 albums here in japan so i'll have to get some soon!!
you beat me everytime, huh? :headbang:

They have four albums overall. Sadly I can't find the last one "Trova Di Danu" anywhere. I have the s/t debut on my way, very neat folk metal considering they're from Brazil :lol:

And for the record you beat me on everyhting else ;)

P.S. So 14 years old, uh Lionette? :D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You looked SHOCKED, Wyv! I have three Skyclads: Folkemon, Irrational Anthems, and Daylight Heeltaps.

Those have a punkish tone to the guitar that I knew would please my friend Lorenzo (who I grew up with jamming metal but is now more of a punk fan). I played them for him back in summer of '04 and I was dead on. He totally got into them, buying much of their catalogue. He said they went through many phases though, never stayed in one direction too long. I haven't heard anything from their early years.

The early years are more thrash (especially the debut), if you didn't dig "Irrational Anthems" then i guess you'll never get into the band, although you may try "Vintage Whine" as a last resource.