a thread about how wacken sucks cock this year

erik shut the fuck up. try living in Australia, the only good bands we had at all last year was Behemoth and Dismember, who you've probably seen 10 million times already.

Auschwitz said:
erik shut the fuck up. try living in Australia, the only good bands we had at all last year was Behemoth and Dismember, who you've probably seen 10 million times already.

Excluding all the fucking excellent bands from the Aussie scene I assume...
Lately I have seen Psycroptic, Carbon, Internicide Exhortation (or something, great band though), The Dead, Astriaal, and a few others, and coming up is:
Disgorge (Not Aussie), Cremortal, Dawn of Azazel (NZ), Stargazer (Wow, just wow), Gospel of the Horns, Spear of Longinus and more.

Where do you live?

re-highlghted:

ABORTED
AMON AMARTH
ATHEIST
BATTLELORE
BLOODTHORN
BORN FROM PAIN
CELTIC FROST
CHILDREN OF BODOM
D'ESPAIRSRAY
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
EKTOMORF
EMPEROR
END OF GREEN
FINNTROLL
GAMMA RAY
IN EXTREMO
KORPIKLAANI
METAL INQUISITOR
MINISTRY
MSG
MYSTIC CIRCLE
NEVERMORE
ORPHANED LAND
PRIMAL FEAR
SCORPIONS
SIX FEET UNDER
SOILWORK
SUBWAY TO SALLY
THE DOGMA
ULI JON ROTH
VICTORY
WE
WINTERSUN

Yep. Pretty horrible.

Night Mare said:
Excluding all the fucking excellent bands from the Aussie scene I assume...
Lately I have seen Psycroptic, Carbon, Internicide Exhortation (or something, great band though), The Dead, Astriaal, and a few others, and coming up is:
Disgorge (Not Aussie), Cremortal, Dawn of Azazel (NZ), Stargazer (Wow, just wow), Gospel of the Horns, Spear of Longinus and more.

Where do you live?
Newcastle. I saw Psycroptic with Behemoth so I sort of grouped them together, they were excellent but compared to any band at Wacken they suck. The rest of those bands I haven't heard except Astriaal who I'm pretty sure broke up anyway.

Auschwitz said:
Newcastle. I saw Psycroptic with Behemoth so I sort of grouped them together, they were excellent but compared to any band at Wacken they suck. The rest of those bands I haven't heard except Astriaal who I'm pretty sure broke up anyway.

Astriaal have been back together for awhile, I saw them play a couple of nights ago and they were excellent, and according to Heath (Azakhel) they are recording a new album soon.
Carbon are a side project with Ian (Bass) from Astriaal doing guitar and vocals, and Dave from Portal doing Bass, also excellent.
Cremortal are a side project with members from Astriaal, Portal and a few other local bands, seeing them next Saturday so I am not sure how good they are yet, but it's old school death metal, so it should be awesome.

In my opinion the Aussie metal scene easily has some of the worlds best acts, especially Portal and Nazxul, but sadly both bands are fairly inactive right now.
You should get a fair few decent gigs in Newcastle, keep your eyes out for any Rev. Kriss Hades gigs, definately worth going to.

Hah! We get no gigs in Newcastle, I think Psycroptic is playing kind of soon but I'm not sure if I'll bother going. Nazxul is good, Portal is good, but compared to bands in say...America or Europe they're not really that special.

Auschwitz said:
Nazxul is good, Portal is good, but compared to bands in say...America or Europe they're not really that special.

I would say Nazxul is definately top shelf black metal, no matter who you're comparing it to, and there is nothing out there quite like Portal.

I really wish Nazxul would come out with some new material, I've listened to Totem so many times it's gotten boring :(