The Return... of EMPEROR!!!

Hubster

Oct 29, 2003
Bondi Australia
From Blabbermouth.net:

Reunited EMPEROR To Headline Norway's INFERNO FESTIVAL - Sep. 30, 2005

Influential Norwegian extreme metal outfit EMPEROR will reunite for the 2006 edition of the Inferno Festival, set to take place April 13-15 in Oslo, Norway, it was announced Friday night at Scream Magazine's 15-year anniversary event at the Rockefeller in Oslo. Tickets for the festival have just been made available via Ticketmaster.no.

EMPEROR split up on a high note following the release of 2001's "Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire..." The members have since concentrated on other bands such as ZYKLON and PECCATUM.

Update: EMPEROR To Headline Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival - Sep. 30, 2005

In addition to headlining the 2006 edition of Norway's Inferno Festival, influential Norwegian extreme metal outfit EMPEROR will perform at next year's Wacken Open Air, set to take place August 3-5, 2006 in Wacken, Germany. Other bands confirmed for the three-day event include CHILDREN OF BODOM, SOILWORK, SUBWAY TO SALLY, IN EXTREMO and DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER.

Commented EMPEROR members Ihsahn, Samoth and Trym in a statement: "Greetings, metalheads of the world! We are proud to announce that EMPEROR will headline Wacken Open Air 2006. Join us, as we re-enter the nightside to chant anthems of equilibrium, fire and demise!"

HAIL THE SUPREME GODS OF METAL!

This is AMAZING NEWS, discuss!

Emperor_-_reverence.jpg

I read somewhere that Emperor played last night in Oslo. Only played 3 songs and thats where they announced this wonderful news. Quite good how the band kept this very secretive until last night.

Ikil

I am more impressed with how secret they kept the appearance at that gig last night. You can't keep anything secret these days!

Ikil

I hope this isn't something just for touring, and that they record some new material. Fingers crossed... although we all know that Peccatum and Zyklon are their main priorities now... Emperor would be a "side project" (I can't believe I'm actually even terming Emperor in such a way)...

MasterOLightning said:
Now we just need to bring Immortal back, and we're set. Immortal doesn't even need to write new material, just play the old stuff, and everyone will be happy.

I think Immortal writing new stuff would be cool. The direction of the last two records was interesting.

I couldn't see them getting "progressive", but defintely more "layered". Also, Abbath's vocals were getting better with each album.

MasterOLightning said:
Now we just need to bring Immortal back, and we're set. Immortal doesn't even need to write new material, just play the old stuff, and everyone will be happy.

hell yes, I think it would be extremely interesting to hear new Immortal Albums, I could see from how different sons of northern.. and at the heart... were that a new album would be really different.