Emperor reunion

Astral Poetry

"Eros! Your hand...!"
Mar 21, 2003
"...it's missing!"
Well hot-damn! Nightside had quite imprint on me, and the rest of their material was pretty cool as well. Let's all hope for a US tour

From the Wacken Open-Air fest site:

Here the statement from the band:

"Emperor’s return!
Greetings, metalheads of the world! We are proud to announce that Emperor will headline Wacken open-air 2006. Join us, as we re-enter the nightside to chant anthems of equilibrium, fire and demise!

Emperial regards,
Ihsahn, Samoth and Trym"

i think seeing ihsahn with no hair and white tshirt ruined it- that and having to stomach peccatum. as far as major norwegian black metal bands, satyricon or even immortal (comical as they are) have more stage presence. sure, on record emperor kills them all, but- not so much live.

I've never seen Satyricon, but I thought Immortal was pretty awesome when they opened for Manowar. But no BM act has beaten Enslaved that I've ever seen - those dudes actually acknowledge that playing music is fun and smile on-stage.

see, i never saw enslaved but i would have rather seen them than satyricon or immortal - well, immortal are kind of fun live. but i always liked enslaved's music the most. Eld is still pretty awesome- haven't heard much off their newer ones.

As a result of my age, I never got to see the major Norwegian acts when they toured. It would have been very nice to see Immortal around '93 or so, when they were hitting their stride, or Enslaved just about any time. The best black metal band I've gotten to see live is definitely Averse Sefira, a brilliant Texas based band. They're newest album, Tetragrammatical Astygmata (don't mind the name) is the real deal.

Immortal had an interesting stage presence, yeah. But it's pretty much sitting in the same spot doing faces for the duration of the set. Best if you saw them in daylight under extreme heat so the corpsepaint melted off bit by bit.