Screw Nicko!!! He disses the Iron Maidens

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I read an interview with him and he slammed the Iron Maidens. He was wearing an Iron Maidens shirt so the person conducting the interview asked him about The Iron Maidnes. When asked about the Iron Maidens here is what he said:

"They're not the best looking bunch of birds in the world. And the drummer aint great either"

Well I think that is fucked up and I lost a lot of respect for him.

Here is the interview:

http://www.ironmaiden.org/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63039

Nicko McBrain said:
The reason we are playing less gigs is because the boys simply just don't enjoy playing in the USA.
Well, then...good. Fuck off to Merry Ol' England and the rest of Europe and watch half of your gross take of the funds get taken away in taxes before you pay expenses.

As to the quote about the Maidens, I very highly doubt that Nicko has even heard them play other than the demo recording that they have on their site. I know that he's never seen them play. Something else that he doesn't realize in this short-sighted quote is that the only drumming he's heard from Linda is material that he's played on and contributed parts to. If Linda "ain't great" as he says, what does that say about his own capabilities? :err:

Well he ain't great, period. Merely a workman drummer. Clive Burr was a far better drummer but couldn't keep his shit together.

Keyser Soze said:
I'm sure that quote was taken out of context or completely made up... I doubt he'd make such a scathing statement, he doesn't seem the type
Like most of the crap online, this is probably the case.

I'm very skeptical about what I read online. Remember, anyone can put up a website and make it look accurate with false sources, if any, etc.. As far as message boards go, most seem to be filled with whining, jealousy and rumors. Nicko saying someone is unattractive has to be false being he's about the ugliest white male on the planet.

I hope he didn't really say that. If he did he is fuckin pathetic. The Iron Maidens honestly are one of the greatests bands I have ever seen live. When I close my eyes at a Maidens show I honestly can't tell that I am not at a real Iron Maiden show.

It's true that none of us look like super models but our members were picked based on musical ability and not on appearance. Also, the only recording that Maiden has of us is our 3 song demo that we threw together one night so that we would have something to give to promoters. I made a few clams in there myself..but there was no time or money to go back and fix anything...and I begged! At any rate, I find it hard to imagine that Nicko would publicly say something like that about some fans (us) who idolize him and his band. I say let's give the guy the benefit of a doubt....

The guy who did the interview claimed that Nicko did not know he was being "interviewed." Suposedly they were carrying on a conversation for 30 minutes and never told Nicko he was going to publish it anywhere so who knows...who cares.

I've been misquoted so many times in the press it's not even funny...and when the person who is quoting you is not even with the press, who knows how accurate it is. I just think it was cool that Nicko had on our shirt and even remembered us. When we met him, it was all so rushed and we tried to be breif so they could spend more time with their visiting children and wives who hadn't seen them in awhile.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I hope he didn't really say that. If he did he is fuckin pathetic. The Iron Maidens honestly are one of the greatests bands I have ever seen live. When I close my eyes at a Maidens show I honestly can't tell that I am not at a real Iron Maiden show.
Agree with you there and kudos for sticking up for the Maidens on that thread ironmaidenfan09.

I would think Nicko has more class than to openly slam his best tribute band... especially while wearing their shirt... it doesn't make sense.

Reading alleged Nicko comments out of context on a message board-- who knows what really happened???? Maybe Nicko's worried that a female tribute drummer has more skills than he does! :p

Note that the "interviewer" was just going on his own memory of the alleged conversation (it wasn't recorded), and said at the beginning that:
"By the way these aren't word for word quotes." (before going on to quote Nicko in the rest of the post!)

But I don't think Nicko meant to be hurtful. In case you missed it, in a reply on page 7 of the thread the "interviewer" said Nicko was joking about it:
--------------------------------------------------------------
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font]

Originally posted by Arise
The guy was obviously joking. Calm down. If he didn't like them, he wouldn't be wearing their T-shirt.

Yes he was saying it in a joking manner. Some guy next to me asked him about them and their drummer​
--------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I've said enough about this. In the end, who cares? Anyone that has seen the Maidens and Linda know that they ROCK!!! :headbang: Up the Iron Maidens!

If Nicko said that stuff, no big beans. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. My feelings certainly are not hurt. We're having some great times over here playing their stuff for fellow Maiden fans!

You know what, when i first saw the Iron Maidens it was at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana about 2 years ago. I saw an advertisment for "The Iron Maidens" In Mainstreet magazine and I couldn't even believe that 5 chicks were in an all Maiden tribute band. I figured it would be 5 chicks that all looked like dudes, hardcore lesbians or somthing just bizzare. I figured they would be ugly hard core chicks and furthermore figured they would suck but yet maybe would be entertaining.

Well i was wrong on both accounts. I think they are all very pretty and most of all they fucking all shred. When I saw then at the Galaxy they had a different Bass player than they do now and no offense to the new girl (Sorry don't know any of their names) but that bass player, I believe they called her "Steve Hairess" or somthing like that, She was the SHIT! she had the best stage presence EVER. She acted just like Steve on stage, running around like mad. Putting her feet up on the monitors, finger picking that bass like no tommorow. She was fucking amazing. "Bruce Chickenson" was fucking amazing, fuck all of them were amazing. I couldn't believe my ears it was unreal. They even played "Losfer Words" and I have never heard the real Maiden play that song before. The solos were what really got me. I couldn't tell a difference from the real maiden.

These girls fucking rule and if Nicko really said that he is a punk and i will have 0 respect for him. He knows he is just a replacement drummer anyways.

Has Nicko looked in the mirror lately? I personally cringe every time I see that flat as a pancake nose. I'm also tired of comments about America. Nicko needs to remember that it was in this country that they had enormous support. Especially here in the NYC area. As far as the comment being true, remember this is the same guy that ran over a security guard with his Jaguar before a gig here this past summer. I think Linda is hot, but since when does looks have anything to do with musicianship. If this were the case Nicko would have been out of a gig a long time ago. We can't wait for the ladies to come back to NYC so we can hear the songs we really want to hear. Rock On Maidens. NYC Loves You.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
You know what, when i first saw the Iron Maidens it was at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana about 2 years ago. When I saw then at the Galaxy they had a different Bass player than they do now and no offense to the new girl (Sorry don't know any of their names) but that bass player, I believe they called her "Steve Hairess" or somthing like that, She was the SHIT! she had the best stage presence EVER. She acted just like Steve on stage, running around like mad. Putting her feet up on the monitors, finger picking that bass like no tommorow. She was fucking amazing.
That was Melanie Sisneros. She was in Wrathchild with me five years ago. She's staying pretty busy in two bands. Check out her current original and cover projects at: www.megadethtribute.com and http://www.raven-mad.com/mel/ and www.crescentshield.com.

God!
you people are an insult to rock!
Rock means dont care!
If someone tells you you suck just say: ok,so ****in' what, I dont care
Anyways Linda,if he wasnt joking,if you like what you do and you get around with what you do,(personally,I think you're a great drummer,wish my band had someone like you :worship: )don't care...Plenty of people think I suck at bass and signin', and do I care? **** no! I mean, when I start makin' millions and I'll be in the best metal band ever,hell,who'll say I suck? :tickled: (ok,I might have my hopes a little high,but thats not the point,you have a great band just do what you do best ;) )