Screwed on Head Bangers Ball

Frankieebotz

Apr 21, 2005
I DVR HBB every week (It's on at like 2AM) I normally wind up fast fowarding through 3/4 of it because most of the videos suck. This week was the big 4 takeover. Short interviews with Kirk/Dave and Charlie. I don't think they had anything with Slayer. Each band had a video from Sonisphere and one regular video. The show started off with 2 from Metallica, then 2 from Slayer, then 2 from Megadeth and only 1 from Anthrax. Unless my DVR cut off early. It was weird because Charlie was talking about what they did with Public Enemy and it went to "Got the Time" from Sonisphere. Then comercial, then another Charlie interview, after that it ended. WTF!

I love Scott, but it was awesome that they did the interview with Charlie for once. Kirk over Lars and well Dave is Dave. Who else is going to represent Megadeth?

I DVR HBB every week but somehow missed this one. The last one I have is the Danzig one. Maybe they air it twice a week and I have it set to record the later one or something, I hope so. I've noticed it usually starts late and runs a little longer then scheduled and I sometimes miss the very end so that might have been the case with you.
Slayer never does interviews or anything with the rest of the Big 4. Even on the big Am I Evil encore on the DVD/theater concert only Lombardo joined in. Wonder why that is?

They were each sepperate. Not sure if you guys had a chance to see the Big 4 in theaters but before the concert actually started, probably at least 30 minutes prior, there was Scott, Dave and Lars together all talking about it. They also appeared between sets together. Obviously pre-recorded but still together. Not sure if that stuff will be on the DVD or Bluray

On HBB it looked like Kirk was at home, Charlie was on the bus and Dave I believe was in the same setting as he, Lars and Scott were at the Big 4. So his stuff may have been recorded from that night. Who knows! America needs a big 4 in 2011 or an Anthrax headlining show.

I DVR HBB every week but somehow missed this one. The last one I have is the Danzig one. Maybe they air it twice a week and I have it set to record the later one or something, I hope so. I've noticed it usually starts late and runs a little longer then scheduled and I sometimes miss the very end so that might have been the case with you.
Slayer never does interviews or anything with the rest of the Big 4. Even on the big Am I Evil encore on the DVD/theater concert only Lombardo joined in. Wonder why that is?

Kerry: There's a damn good reason. It isn't too long an explanation. [MEGADETH's Dave] Mustaine came to me that day and [METALLICA's] James [Hetfield] came to me that day saying, "Hey, it would be really cool if you played." I knew Jeff [Hanneman, SLAYER guitarist] wouldn't do it, and I knew Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] wouldn't do it. And I also knew after we played that neither one of them would edit our video that was going to cinemas in a couple hours, so I told James and Mustaine both, "Listen, man. I've gotta edit our video before I can even think about playing with you guys." So the entire time of the set change between SLAYER and METALLICA, I was editing that video. I came running to the tuning room after I got done picking the songs, and they were already onstage. And to make it an even better story, I found out at 1 a.m. the night prior, so I really had no chance to work on that stuff or anything. So I wanted to; it just couldn't happen. I've got a lot of flack for that but yeah, that's the story.

Kerry: There's a damn good reason. It isn't too long an explanation. [MEGADETH's Dave] Mustaine came to me that day and [METALLICA's] James [Hetfield] came to me that day saying, "Hey, it would be really cool if you played." I knew Jeff [Hanneman, SLAYER guitarist] wouldn't do it, and I knew Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] wouldn't do it. And I also knew after we played that neither one of them would edit our video that was going to cinemas in a couple hours, so I told James and Mustaine both, "Listen, man. I've gotta edit our video before I can even think about playing with you guys." So the entire time of the set change between SLAYER and METALLICA, I was editing that video. I came running to the tuning room after I got done picking the songs, and they were already onstage. And to make it an even better story, I found out at 1 a.m. the night prior, so I really had no chance to work on that stuff or anything. So I wanted to; it just couldn't happen. I've got a lot of flack for that but yeah, that's the story.
Yeah, that explains everything???

He was editing what video? Why couldn't someone else have edited the video whatever it was?
And why didn't Tom or Jeff want to play Am I Evil? Do Slayer think they're too good to be on stage with the other bands?

He was editing what video? Why couldn't someone else have edited the video whatever it was?
And why didn't Tom or Jeff want to play Am I Evil? Do Slayer think they're too good to be on stage with the other bands?

He was editing the video that was about to be streamed into the movie theater. Theaters didn't get full sets so I'm guessing while Metallica was playing, Slayer was picking and choosing what we were going to see in the US.

I also saw an interview with Lombardo and he said that Tom, Jeff and Kerry have trouble having fun when it comes to that stuff. What I really want to know is how Lars felt being the worst of the three drummers on the stage.

He's also the baldest of the four, so he's losing 2-1.

With that kinda cash, he can always buy hair and glue it to his head, and that won't make him crazy, stupid, nuts, or vain. He'll be eccentric. What he needs though is to do whatever Charlie's doing. I swear, he looks the exact same now as he did 20 years ago.

With that kinda cash, he can always buy hair and glue it to his head, and that won't make him crazy, stupid, nuts, or vain. He'll be eccentric. What he needs though is to do whatever Charlie's doing. I swear, he looks the exact same now as he did 20 years ago.

He does!:D

I wonder why Lars hasn't done anything about his hair? I think maybe he wants to grow old naturally or maybe he just doesn't give a shit because he's Lars from Metallica and he's fucking rich!