Screwed on Head Bangers Ball

Kerry: There's a damn good reason. It isn't too long an explanation. [MEGADETH's Dave] Mustaine came to me that day and [METALLICA's] James [Hetfield] came to me that day saying, "Hey, it would be really cool if you played." I knew Jeff [Hanneman, SLAYER guitarist] wouldn't do it, and I knew Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] wouldn't do it. And I also knew after we played that neither one of them would edit our video that was going to cinemas in a couple hours, so I told James and Mustaine both, "Listen, man. I've gotta edit our video before I can even think about playing with you guys." So the entire time of the set change between SLAYER and METALLICA, I was editing that video. I came running to the tuning room after I got done picking the songs, and they were already onstage. And to make it an even better story, I found out at 1 a.m. the night prior, so I really had no chance to work on that stuff or anything. So I wanted to; it just couldn't happen. I've got a lot of flack for that but yeah, that's the story.

I don't buy that shit at all. KK may very well have been busy editing, but if he was close enough to the stage to have "just missed" them going out there, why the fuck wasn't he in the picture at the end?

Also, Anthrax played "Am I Evil?" at their solo show the night before, to try it out, so if they knew AT LEAST a full day in advance, how in the hell did the Slayer guys not know? I'm sure all of that was planned out more than a few days before, just so they could make sure they had the extra equipment layout down. Kerry either needs to quit talking about it, or man up, and just admit he didn't want to be involved.

Hair? He should do something about his FEET.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MReE6x2cgYU

Oh ... Your ... GOD! This is the exact thing I was talking about in the Big 4 dvd-thread. This is what he sounded like, if not worse, when they played in MILOVICE (!) this summer. Why isn't this guy ashamed? Why doesn't he rehearse? How can the rest of the band put up with this? Seriously? I mean, how good wouldn't Metallica be with a great drummer? Imagine Metallica with Charlie or Lombardo on the skins ... !! I'm sorry, but Lars Ulrich should either take some extensive drum lessons and keep practising, or he should just quit playing live.

Oh ... Your ... GOD! This is the exact thing I was talking about in the Big 4 dvd-thread. This is what he sounded like, if not worse, when they played in MILOVICE (!) this summer. Why isn't this guy ashamed? Why doesn't he rehearse? How can the rest of the band put up with this? Seriously? I mean, how good wouldn't Metallica be with a great drummer? Imagine Metallica with Charlie or Lombardo on the skins ... !! I'm sorry, but Lars Ulrich should either take some extensive drum lessons and keep practising, or he should just quit playing live.

Lars Ulrich has always been the worst drummer in metal business, that's for sure. Some people praise his work on Justice album, but I always cringe when I listen to his lame ass, retarded fills on snare drum in the title song. I bet he did not play the fast double bass on Dyers Eve, there's no way in hell he could have done it. Actually the only albums I can endure listening to his playing are the Load era albums, because he doesn't play much - four on the floor groove sounds okay from a monkey. I've also heard it took him sixty times to laid down the AC/DC-like Enter Sandman groove.

But having said that, I have always enjoyed Metallica shows and albums. Just have to get past the drums.