sea of lies...

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
A question to the amazingly techniqual guitar players who play this song, i know it should be on the musicians corner but what the hell, to those who play the song completly, do u use string-skipping or sweep arpeggios for the first harmonized solo?

??? I'm not sure what solo you're talking about... If you're talking about the interlude with the guitar and keyboard fast triplet thing, it's string-skip tapping...if you're talking about the very first little solo on the first verse, where there is a harmonized part...umm...gotta check to see exactly what I do...
Yeah...I sweep it...

The solo that leads into the tapping sequence has BITCH arpeggios at the beginning. Romeo alt. picks them - he's inhuman. He doesn't string-skip either. That's the one part of the song that I have the most trouble with.

OfSinsAndShred said:
The solo that leads into the tapping sequence has BITCH arpeggios at the beginning. Romeo alt. picks them - he's inhuman. He doesn't string-skip either. That's the one part of the song that I have the most trouble with.

That is string skipping in that solo. I have The Guitar Chapter. Don't believe every ASCII you see ;)

That is string skipping in that solo. I have The Guitar Chapter. Don't believe every ASCII you see

I don't know if we're talking about the same solo, but I'm gonna try string skipping... thanks man.

And yeah, although it's amazing that a lot of these guys can tab Symphony X songs so accurately, sometimes I find myself saying "What are they THINKING with those positions and fingerings?" Oh well, to each his own.

I dunno... it does sound staccato, but the first solo arpeggio is a minor one... Romeo (and most guitarists) usually sweep those, but they alternate pick the complex passages involving diminished and 7th arpgeggios (ex. - "In the Dragon's Den").

Anyway, thanks guys for pointing out the ease of string-skipping the second solo. It's so easy now!