Adagio - The Inner Road (intro sweeps)

aiwass

Oct 26, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
(Also posted this in the Musicians Corner forum)

After listening back to this song several times, I'm convinced that the tab on Forté's website is wrong. First of all, the rhythmic values are completely off. Secondly, the chromatic run is notated over four strings, whereas the recorded run clearly spans over three strings, each falling on one of three strong beats. Lastly, I can definitely hear an F# on the 14th fret of the high E string at the end of every second sweep, one half step below the fifth of the next arpeggio (G, in C minor), preceded by a C# on the 9th fret on the same string. Slowing it down doesn't help much, since the sound is very cluttered, but I can definitely hear some of these things even at full speed.

Anybody wanna help me out?

Here's Forté's tab:
plan1.gif
plan2.gif

Here's my tab:
Adagio_-_The_Inner_Road_intro_sweeps.jpg

And for those who haven't heard this part, here's the clip (intro music):

www.stephanforte.com

Any help is greatly appreciated. This part has been annoying the hell out of me.

Hmm, I think you may be right about the rhythmic values being wrong, what I'm hearing is mostly sextuplets. I think your tab is probably more accurate judging by that alone.

Nice job playing that song, I wish I could :(. I need to work on my upward sweeping, I can already downward sweep pretty darn well.