Searching for Snare Bottom Mic

HvO

Sep 25, 2009
Hi,

I usually use a SM57 on the snare top and a cheaper copy on bottom.
Now I am searching for a better one for the bottom position.

A second SM57 or what do you think?
(price range: 100-180 Euro)

ok, I think I have to find it out by myself... everyone has a different taste here ;)

What do you think about a Sennheiser E-906 or E-606? Maybe it makes sense to have a mic thats work on a Cab too. Or maybe a BEYERDYNAMIC M201? aaaaaaah, I have no idea.... :(

ok, I think I have to find it out by myself... everyone has a different taste here ;)

What do you think about a Sennheiser E-906 or E-606? Maybe it makes sense to have a mic thats work on a Cab too. Or maybe a BEYERDYNAMIC M201? aaaaaaah, I have no idea.... :(

sennheiser e 906 and 606 are the worst drummics i have ever had...

@all; thanks a lot!!!

@lasse; i love your productions and expacially your guitar tones! :)

i will get the m201.

Had great results with the m201nc for snare top at a live show but don't own one. Yet. Used an i5 on top with a 57 on the bottom on Monday and got my best raw snare sound to date.

Seriously? I quite like the 606 on toms, and have good results with a 906 on snare too.

yeah, i now actually use sm 58 without the windshield and they are much morepronounced and in your face sounding.... if anything id use the 906, the 606 is just too dull aand lifeless to my ears.

what i do love about the sennheiser though is there spill reduction,
if your gonna retrigger toms, these mics are actually pretty nice ;-)
but (in my experience) there are way better solutions (md 421, sm 57 etc.)
for toms.

yeah, i now actually use sm 58 without the windshield and they are much morepronounced and in your face sounding.... if anything id use the 906, the 606 is just too dull aand lifeless to my ears.

what i do love about the sennheiser though is there spill reduction,
if your gonna retrigger toms, these mics are actually pretty nice ;-)
but (in my experience) there are way better solutions (md 421, sm 57 etc.)
for toms.

rejection on toms is delish. in my experience the tone of the drum can suffer so much from excessive gating/cymbal bleed that I think a shittier mic with better rejection would sound better at the end of the day anyway.

cool thread. :popcorn: