searching for that guitar tone!!!

turbidnorth

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2008
www.myspace.com
Im working on my bands full length, just started reamping guitars. Holy shit is it driving me crazy! I think i might finally be getting close to what i want though...If anyone can give me some ideas/opinions it would be great!

Im sorta going for that Black Dahlia Nocturnal guitar sound, but i quad tracked so its gonna be a bit thicker. I used my 5150/mesa cab, one 57, but i cant seem to get rid of the mud!!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2373451/newmixnovox.mp3

what mud? dude, that's a great tone... i might take 2 of the tracks and pan them @ 90% rather than 100%, and make them a db or 2 lower than the ones panned @ 100%... other than that... shit sounds good as hell in my cans!

2 tracks are panned 100% and the other 2 are 85%, about 4dbs lower. It just sounds a little boxy to me...Might just be that quad tracking effect i guess.

wow this sounds ALOT like nocturnal. thats awesome that you were able to achieve that tone. Personally for some reason i think that the gain should be turned up just a little more, but thats just me. Great job!

I just heard the soundfile without readig yout post and the guitar soudns reminds me on BDM Nocturnal. Great job

wow this sounds ALOT like nocturnal. thats awesome that you were able to achieve that tone. Personally for some reason i think that the gain should be turned up just a little more, but thats just me. Great job!

I dunno... i think the gain sounds perfect for the riffs... any more gain and you might get into a danger zone with it getting a little muddy.