Searching for the search function

Misanthrope said:
So you want to be diplomatic on a place that publicy condemns the evils of men to men sex?

i want to be diplomatic on my friends' band's board, where i'm the mod. wherever such board may happen to be now, or in the future. ;)

and i haven't been diplomatic at all, about that sad episode of one-sided stupidity and close-mindedness.

I, for one, thought the search function was pretty sweet; especially the 'advanced search'. Taking it down, even in favor of speed, in an internet community the likes of this one is just plain retarded.
Actually, it takes away a significant part of the point of an internet forum in the first place.

rahvin said:
i want to be diplomatic on my friends' band's board, where i'm the mod. wherever such board may happen to be now, or in the future. ;)

and i haven't been diplomatic at all, about that sad episode of one-sided stupidity and close-mindedness.

Tell your friends to ask our friend arch for webspace and forum already. I know someone who said it is possible to convert the database from this forum to the free software he uses, and even if all is lost it wouldnt be the first time post history had to be sacrificed in order to get a better server.

UM seems to be working fine.

The search function will indeed return soon and was a big part of the problem with the forum going down so much. Another one of the issues was recently fixed as well. It hiccups a couple times a day so I am still trying to tweak it out and get it as close to perfect as possible. Search will return though (I can't use it either and it drives me nuts as well).

the stalk button is back! haha I celebrated by searching for this thread and it worked weee

I have the search function right up there and it works (so far) - its between New Posts and Quick Links. Strange that the others dont have it. Maybe its reappearing like a phoenix and tomorrow itll be gone from my screen, too. :)