SEBASTIAN BACH, EVAN SEINFELD 'Engage In Fisticuffs' In Las Vegas - Mar. 6, 2006

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Sebastian Bach (ex-SKID ROW) and Evan Seinfeld (BIOHAZARD) "engaged in fisticuffs" back at the Parisian Palace in Las Vegas after a night out last week.

Bach and Seinfeld just spent 12 days in Vegas shooting a new VH1 reality TV show, tentatively titled "SuperGroup", also featuring Scott Ian (ANTHRAX; guitar), Ted Nugent (guitar), and Jason Bonham (BONHAM, UFO, FOREIGNER; drums). Filming for the program commenced on February 22, with the premise being to lock several musicians in a house for 10 days and get them to write and record some new original music. Originally the network wanted the group to record an album, but at this time it is understood they will settle for one song and hope for more. In addition to the five musicians, star manager Doc McGhee (KISS) was in charge and was also living in the house for the duration of filming/recording.

The all-star band, which is calling itself DAMNOCRACY, performed a headlining set at the Empire Ballroom in Las Vegas Sunday night (March 5). The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Ace of Spades
02. Free For All
03. TNT
04. Out On The Tiles
05. Only
06. Take It Back
07. Punishment
08. Stranglehold
09. Sin City
10. Youth Gone Wild
11. Cat Scratch Fever
12. Whole Lotta Love

VH1's "SuperGroup" is scheduled to premiere on May 18.

A few photos of former ANTHRAX/SEBASTIAN BACH guitarist Paul Crook hanging out with members of DAMNOCRACY can be found at Crook's official web site.

damnocracy.jpg

Damnocracy is Ted Nugent (hat), Baz, Bonham, Scott Ian & Evan!

Updated: Here is a post of a review from their debut gig in Las Vegas. Sounds like Bas & Evan are getting along great. And the e-mail is from someone who claims the Las Vegas Review Journal is reporting that Baz & Evan already came to blows one night.

Stay tuned it's gonna get even better, we just know it.

VH1 Supergroup
Damnocracy
Empire Ballroom
Las Vegas, NV
3/5/06

Ace Of Spades
Free For All
TNT
Out On The Tiles
Only
Take It Back
Punishment
Stranglehold
Sin City
Youth Gone Wild
Cat Scratch Fever
Whole Lotta Love

I'm beat, hopefully someone will post a longer review. There was no cover, so it was pretty full, but I was still able to slide into the venue rather quickly about 10-20 min. before they hit the stage. Overall thought it was pretty good, especially the opening 3 numbers. Ted Nugent and Scott Ian jamming Motorhead and AC/DC classics? Sweet! Out On The Tiles was pretty sloppy though, and I didn't care for the original number they did, but whatever, it was free.

A camera attached to a crane bashed part of the chandelier that is above the floor. Pieces fell onto the people below - if the camera had gone another foot or so farther it might have knocked lights and speakers down. Could have been really bad, but luckily no one was hurt.

Everyone onstage seemed like they were having a good time, although I did notice Evan looking a little annoyed when Baz was throwing out t-shirts during the jam in Stranglehold. Thought it might be my imagination, 'til I read the front page of sludge right before posting this.

As Posted By: StreetwalkinCheetah

Hey SWC, you rock! And thanks!

hahah it was only a matter of time before someone clocked bach, theres a mismatch right there now evan vs seb

hmmm what guitar is scott playing there, dont recognise the graphics on it at all....... is this the hallowed " best graphics ever" guitar?!?!!?

lokey said:
hahah it was only a matter of time before someone clocked bach, theres a mismatch right there now evan vs seb

hmmm what guitar is scott playing there, dont recognise the graphics on it at all....... is this the hallowed " best graphics ever" guitar?!?!!?

Sebastian needs punched daily...Evan is a badass!! I have not seen that graphic either, but it kinda looks like the GOTE cover....kinda blurry so I could not fully make it out. Is it a sign? Probably not......

Arg_Hamster said:
Reality show-rumors... you just can´t live without them... *yawn*
Reality shows we can live without period. The only "reality" shows I'll watch better have a ball or a puck.

It's sad that former "greats" (Sebastian Bach and "super group" should never be used in the same sentence) have had to sink this low to get publicity. Ozzy has made a joke out of his once legendary status, and now Scott Ian and the rest of this pack seem to be headed down a similar path. :erk:

Is it better leave at the top of your game, knowing you might still have a couple good tunes left in you that will never be heard, or is it better to fade away slowly, tarnishing your image in the process and becoming the punch-line of jokes?

nafnikufesin said:
Reality shows we can live without period. The only "reality" shows I'll watch better have a ball or a puck.

It's sad that former "greats" (Sebastian Bach and "super group" should never be used in the same sentence) have had to sink this low to get publicity. Ozzy has made a joke out of his once legendary status, and now Scott Ian and the rest of this pack seem to be headed down a similar path. :erk:

Is it better leave at the top of your game, knowing you might still have a couple good tunes left in you that will never be heard, or is it better to fade away slowly, tarnishing your image in the process and becoming the punch-line of jokes?

Did you ever think that maybe they're doing it for fun? Sure Sebastian Bach is in it because that's the only way he'll ever get publicity, but I think that guys like Ted Nugent and Scott Ian have nothing to prove. And Evan was in "Oz" goddamnit! If that's not enough, his last name is fucking Seinfeld! When's it enough?:loco:

Yeah, it really sucks to live in a mansion in Vegas with Ted Nugent for 2 weeks. I'm glad most of you aren't so negative. This was all about fun.
Nobody Knows Anything.
Evan and Sebastian are fine.
The guitar is brand new and Shepard Fairey (Obey) did the graphic for me. It's similar to GOTE. It will be available later this year.

Black Thirteen said:
Yeah, it really sucks to live in a mansion in Vegas with Ted Nugent for 2 weeks. I'm glad most of you aren't so negative. This was all about fun.
Nobody Knows Anything.
Evan and Sebastian are fine.
The guitar is brand new and Shepard Fairey (Obey) did the graphic for me. It's similar to GOTE. It will be available later this year.

i hope they show it on some station in the uk anyhoo........any chance the graphics on the new guitar can be seen close up anywhere ...look good from a distance anyway :)

nafnikufesin said:

Scott's got several months off from Anthrax. Why would doing this hurt?

I don't dispute that hanging out in a mansion is Vegas writing songs with the Nuge is fun. But do we need a reality TV series about it? Banging fat chicks can be fun, but I don't want to see a reality series about it. Getting piss drunk and headbutting people is loads of fun, but not my idea of good TV. Hell, two weeks at an all-inclusive resort in the Bahamas is fun, too, but unless your name is Pamela Anderson and you're not speaking, I don't want to watch that on TV either.

Reality shows are ruining television. I know why they're around, they're cheap because networks don't have to pay actors or writers or put any effort into it at all, so its much easier to profit off them than it is to support scripted shows.

Putting these guys together to form a "supergroup" (again minus Sebastian Bach) isn't a bad idea, its putting the process on TV that's a bad idea. Show me the final product. Show me a live show, show me a single or an album, but spare me the details about what its like to have to share a bathroom with them. Scott and Anthrax have been adamant about the need for some things to be kept secret for now about the reunion and the future of the band, that some things are private that Joe Public doesn't need to know about, that we'll find out answers when its time, but then he goes and lives his private life in front of a camera for a couple of weeks?

How should Ozzy Osbourne be remembered? As a metal god that pioneered a genre of music and influenced thousands of musicians? Or as a demented clown with a bitch wife and two spoiled bratty children? How do you think the majority of the world sees him? Bach and Seinfled "getting into fisticuffs" is exactly the kind of antics that VH1 was hoping for, they want entertainment and ratings, they're not really trying to make a new "supergroup". I don't want to see a member of one of my favorite bands going down this path. I'd rather promote my favorite bands and their music, rather than defend their antics. If Scott wants to do this, fine, may he have a lot of fun. It doesn't mean I have to watch this crap and embrace it.

Believe me, I won't be watching it. The problem is, as The Boss once sung, there's "57 channels (more these days) and nothings on" because its all filled with crap like this, while the few quality shows out there (like Arrested Development, for example) are bounced around, not promoted, and ultimately cancelled. And I have a bigger problem with this show in particular because I think it has the potential to make a mockery out of once-respected metal artists.

nafnikufesin said:
I don't dispute that hanging out in a mansion is Vegas writing songs with the Nuge is fun. But do we need a reality TV series about it? Banging fat chicks can be fun, but I don't want to see a reality series about it. Getting piss drunk and headbutting people is loads of fun, but not my idea of good TV. Hell, two weeks at an all-inclusive resort in the Bahamas is fun, too, but unless your name is Pamela Anderson and you're not speaking, I don't want to watch that on TV either.

Reality shows are ruining television. I know why they're around, they're cheap because networks don't have to pay actors or writers or put any effort into it at all, so its much easier to profit off them than it is to support scripted shows.

Putting these guys together to form a "supergroup" (again minus Sebastian Bach) isn't a bad idea, its putting the process on TV that's a bad idea. Show me the final product. Show me a live show, show me a single or an album, but spare me the details about what its like to have to share a bathroom with them. Scott and Anthrax have been adamant about the need for some things to be kept secret for now about the reunion and the future of the band, that some things are private that Joe Public doesn't need to know about, that we'll find out answers when its time, but then he goes and lives his private life in front of a camera for a couple of weeks?

How should Ozzy Osbourne be remembered? As a metal god that pioneered a genre of music and influenced thousands of musicians? Or as a demented clown with a bitch wife and two spoiled bratty children? How do you think the majority of the world sees him? Bach and Seinfled "getting into fisticuffs" is exactly the kind of antics that VH1 was hoping for, they want entertainment and ratings, they're not really trying to make a new "supergroup". I don't want to see a member of one of my favorite bands going down this path. I'd rather promote my favorite bands and their music, rather than defend their antics. If Scott wants to do this, fine, may he have a lot of fun. It doesn't mean I have to watch this crap and embrace it.

You make a lot of good points but I really think your looking too deeply into this show. I think it'll be fun to see a little of the creative process and to see what kind of shit these five guys can get into. It doesn't seem like it really goes into their personal lives like a lot of reality shows do, just what goes down the two weeks at the mansion and I can't see how watching it would change my opinion of any of these guys.
I hate everything about most reality shows, that's why I don't watch them. there's plenty of other shit to watch or things to do. This one looks entertaining though, and I'm looking forward to it.