seek and destroy test tone (jcm 800kk)

sounds good mate, a weeeee bit too much treble on the guitars though

im getting a decent set of monitors its kinda hard to tell on my shitty speakers im using at the moment, kinda just getting used to my jcm 800 and messing around with the settings on that aswell. lol I sold my 6505 for this thing!
but it rules :headbang:

You really nailed the tone dude.
I've loved everything I've heard of this amp too, shit really brings the br00talz without even trying somehow, it's great

Can't believe you sold your 6505 for it though man haha

nah man it was a good move, 1 of them had to go i couldn't afford to keep em both. The jcm 800 is more versatile eq wise and has more bite, i personally think the jcm 800 is a monster compared to the 6505, and now ill take a beating for saying that to you guys lol

actually i dont even use the beast mode on the kk i just run it as a standard jcm 800, max out the level on my
ts9 and you don't need the BEAST active, the noise gate is a gem though.

Yeah my bud Phil has one, he uses it the same way, but he was playing this strange blend of funk, metal and prog. Fender strat straight in, dialled it in like a regular metal tone, bass 5, mids 3-4, treb 5-6
but then he'd max the gain and he got the most ridiculously punchy live sound I've ever heard
Fucking amazing.

This is just my vague recollection of the original but I think your tone has a little more gain and low mids. I'd say you're 99.5% there. Very cool though. I can't believe the Kerry King signature anything sounds that nice. If it's just a JCM 800 with his graphics though I guess it's hard to go wrong.

yeah its a great head, i hate the tribal graphics on the front lol

The beast mode doesn't colour the sound that much to be honest,
it just adds a shitload of gain if you need it, maxing out the ts9
and pre amp gain is enough for me though or ill use beast mode
with the gain flat just so i can use the gate!

btw the clip was a marshall 1960b lead cab, 57 on axis right against the grill cloth.

u can get a massive range of sounds with this jcm 800 the eq on
it is fantastic and really responsive, being my 1st jcm 800 i haven't had the chance to compare
it to an early 80s model or standard 2203.