Seen any good concerts lately?

ThoughtLeech

That Guy
Oct 6, 2003
Buffalo, NY, USA
www.myspace.com
i'm in withdrawal, i haven't seen any since september, when i saw three in the same week: Megadeth, Sonata Arctica/The Agonist, and Heaven and Hell/Alice Cooper/Queensryche....

luckily i have Behemoth coming up this Sunday.... don't really care for them too much, but for $15, how can you say no?

Unfortunately, my last concert was The Flower Kings in Pittsburgh last October (2006). I will hopefully be catching Dream Theater and Opeth on the Progressive Nation tour next year.:headbang:

I saw Oceansize on Saturday and they were unbelievably awesome

The last big gig I saw was Dream Theater + Symphony X in Madrid, third time I see them (D.T.) live and maybe the best of all.

If you live in the United States, I think you should take into account the Progressive Nation Tour of Dream Theater, in this chance they will be touring with Opeth, Three, and Between The Buried And Me. I hope to see them when I go to live in Florida, next month. Also happens with Symphony X, they have new dates in their Myspace profile, I'll see them on April 2008. Take a look to the Cynic Reunion Myspace, I heard they will tour soon in the USA, that would be fantastic. :)

well... the US, in addition to the dream theater/opeth/3/between the buried and me, also has symphony x/epica/into eternity in the spring.

too bad buffalo isn't a bigger market for metal. i always have to drive two hours to toronto or three to cleveland to see the good shows.

The last concert i watched was Gods of Metal 2008 in Bologna, Italy on June the 27th, 28th, and 29th. The major Metal Gods there were:

- Iron Maiden
- Judas Priest
- Slayer
- Iced Earth
- Testament
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Carcass
- At The Gates
- Meshuggah
- Apocalyptica
- Between The Buried And Me
- Morbid Angel
- Obituary
... and the list goes on... :kickass:

oh man... i cannot wait to go to one of the european festivals. someday...

but i still got to see some pretty decent bands recently:

Behold... the Arctopus (wow!)
and
Opeth

and coming up next tuesday is Iced Earth and Into Eternity. Iced Earth is definitely in my top 10 bands.

:headbang: I can only imagine how great these guys perform live !!

I envy you dude :p ... the closest thing i saw to a band or someone shredding live was Yngwie Malmsteen

i was surprised they came to buffalo! there were only like 20 - 25 people there, and i was shocked that there were that many, but i guess the local bands on the bill brought them. they only played about eight tunes, and they opened for intronaut (also amazing, not quite technical, but i met a few and they were really cool). but arctopus can pull it off live.

i also learned from that show that i need to get me a warr guitar. :headbang:

well the cynic set was superb albeit short. they played about a half-hour here as well. but they were tight. sounded incredible. would definitely love to see them in a headlining set though.

let's see.... what's next on my itinerary:

Yes with Asia

ooh.... and Kings X with Porcupine Tree will be EXCELLENT. i've seen porcupine tree twice already, and i'm dying to catch Kings X live. that will most likely be THE show of the summer for me this year.