Seen any good concerts lately?

actually Zappa plays Zappa reminds me of the Progressive Nation tour as well. don't much care for dream theater anymore (believe it or not, they got old), but i've been waiting a LONG time to see Pain of Salvation.

unfortunately it looks to be a long drive to see them.

Dream Theater really have gone old and rusty, but it was great seeing that this June play here. I even got to meet the band in the backstage.. Quite exciting. But my signed SFAM copy got stolen :(

the last concert i saw was MDF VII. that shit was fucking awesome. Atheist was incredible. For the money (it's like 130 for 3 days) it's well worth it. Destroyer 666, General Surgery, Phobia, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death, Sigh, Absu, Aura Noir, Wolves in the throne Room, Birdflesh, and Cephalic Carnage... not to mention the abut 40 other bands that played. If you're in Maryland around April/May i suggest you go to this if you love metal.

I was going to go to the Progressive Nation tour but Pain of Salvation couldnt do it so i decided against it. Dream Theater is great but i've seen them twice already and the rest of the lineup isnt enough for me to go.

^Cheers, I was at MDF too. Best weekend of my life.

Also probably heading over to RI for New England Deathfest at the end of the month. Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, Cephalic Carnage, Malignancy, and a Goratory reunion? Good way to end the summer.

Saw Dream Theater in a small venue in Columbus, OH on July 2. Very sweet to see them without all the frills and people. Also saw Pagan's Mind and Stratovarius in Cleveland not too long ago. Going to see Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer in a month I think. I live in a bad place to catch quality prog metal. Maybe I'll move to Europe...