Select all splits in REAPER?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
I've been searching through the manual and online, and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible.

I have 9 songs worth of guitar tracks recorded. I used the default crossfade/split setting of 10ms. I did not go through and manually adjust each fade once each song was done, I just kept tracking.

So, I have a total BOATLOAD of split points.

What I would like to do is SELECT ALL of the splits and change their length to 5ms.

I can adjust this in Preferences, but it only affects any new media I insert after changing this, not the 1 million splits I already have.

Hope this makes sense. It would seriously save me a lot of time if this were possible.

EDIT: I figured it out, only took me a few hours. :lol:

Select media items, right click, Item Properties, adjust in that menu. At first I tried this and it made some really weird looking fades, then I realized I had to let the fade type alone and just punch in the length.

Apologies for my pointless post, maybe it will be helpful to someone else or just delete it.

How do you place your fades?

I've always let it fade out/in right on the grid line (like the bottom track in the pic below). But I think the top track is the "correct" way?

crossfade%201.png

Regarding multiple splits there is easier way,select them all (or some) and open crossfade editor (View/Crossfade Editor) and change the length etc.

When splitting items use crossfades (top one)

there's a preference or mouse modifier that will allow you to select a bunch of items then hold a modifier and adjust fade length or position or start and end times all at once.
For example, the split was right at the transient but you want it moved back a bit, you'd use this function to grab them all and shift them to the left.

I think you hold shift and grab the edge or fade

Yeah, I got that sorted a while back and apparently never responded in this thread about it. Thanks guys!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to change all splits to crossfades instead of fade-in, fade-out. I changed the default settings, which works fine when I make a new split, but I want to change all the splits I already have to x-fades.