Selling my UAD and Powercore

black sugar

The Burninator
If posting this here is out of line, please delete.

I've talked about UAD and PoCo here on occasion, and I think these are really great studio tools that I'm offering for a good price, so what the Hell... I'd love for someone here to benefit from it.

I bought all this stuff when I was planning on opening a studio. I was looking for a budget TDM alternative, and this was what I came up with. I ended up in a totally different line of music work (in a weird, but good way), and I really don't need all this stuff anymore. All of my production is pretty small scale and done on a laptop. :kickass:

If you have any questions on this stuff, please ask. I'm sad to see it all go, but I really need the money for other things. Like hookers and crack.

UAD-1 Studio, Project, & Flexi Paks w/Neve, Plate 140, Precision Limiter, more...

Starting bid $1499
Buy It Now $1599

eBay: Universal Audio UAD-1 Studio, Project, & Flexi Pak PCI (item 280054917636 end time Dec-05-06 23:18:40 PST)

TC Powercore PCI mkII, Element, Sony Oxford S-OX Box, & MasterX5

Starting bid $2099
Buy It Now $2199

eBay: TC Powercore PCI mkII, Element, & Sony Oxford S-OX Box (item 280054920941 end time Dec-05-06 23:30:21 PST)

I have the UAD studiopak and this son of a **** doen´t work in my system with cubase cause of my motherboard.(AMD Asrock)

I think the princip of plugin cards is lame. The processing power is so liddle. It´s so much easier to buy a better cpu... Why U-Audio doesn´t make a firewire station with all the plugins. And then the station supports the pc in processing and doesn´t make all the work alone.

So the user can use more plugins and there is no problem with mainbords and CPUs.

what do you think about that?

I have the UAD studiopak and this son of a **** doen´t work in my system with cubase cause of my motherboard.(AMD Asrock)

I think the princip of plugin cards is lame. The processing power is so liddle. It´s so much easier to buy a better cpu... Why U-Audio doesn´t make a firewire station with all the plugins. And then the station supports the pc in processing and doesn´t make all the work alone.

So the user can use more plugins and there is no problem with mainbords and CPUs.

what do you think about that?

dude... i really couldn't disagree more!!!

for around £300 you can get a pc or uad-1 with some really cool pluggs, its like your only buying the pluggs and getting the card for free! (obviously if you get more plugs in the package the cost goes up) but i'm really happy with mine both and would not be without them

... just waiting on my liquid mix too - which again is an absolute bargin! 32 compressors and 32 eq's for £450 works out at like 7 pounds a pluggin CPU load free!!! lol AMAZING! you should check that out for a replacment or:-

in regard to your problem:- you could get another motherboard they are so darn cheap you'd be looking at say £50 new.... would only take a couple of hours to have the whole system up and running again.... with a working UAD-1 (they have compatable MOBO's on there site)

ps. the mother board is SO IMPORTANT to the cpu power, stability and compatability of your system - i cant stress it enough, a 3gig p4 running on a good - propperly configured mobo would run circles around a 3.4 on a shity mobo not set up right.

hope that helps mate

C.