Selling stuff on half.com

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've recently been selling CDs on www.half.com, and they are selling at a rate of about one per day. AND . . . almost all of them are promos that I'm selling for about $4 to $9 (not including shipping). I list them as "acceptable", and I describe that they have a hole punch and all that stuff.

Anyway . . . www.half.com is a good alternative to ebay, if you don't like to let something go for a really low price in an auction.

Nothing. They take a percentage based on how much the item goes for. CDs would probably get something like 15%. I'd have to check the specifics. I can't remember right now. You usually would recoup commision to half.com with the extra they give you for shipping. They pay you $2.50 for shipping ($4.99 for expidited).

npearce said:
I've recently been selling CDs on www.half.com, and they are selling at a rate of about one per day. AND . . . almost all of them are promos that I'm selling for about $4 to $9 (not including shipping). I list them as "acceptable", and I describe that they have a hole punch and all that stuff.

Anyway . . . www.half.com is a good alternative to ebay, if you don't like to let something go for a really low price in an auction.
So...basically, you're selling shit that was given to you for free by the labels.

Interesting.

Yes. You got a problem with that?

The way I see it is that if somebody actually wants to listen to something some label sent me, then they should get that chance. Especially since I'm selling the promos for WAY less than a brand new CD. I have a couple CDs for sale that I actually paid for as well.

At least I'm actually disclosing that the CDs were promos to the half.com buyers. Some people weren't so gracious in doing that for me when I bought something.