Sennheiser HD650

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Amazing headphones.
I can clearly hear tiny EQ changes and spot resonances and mud.
They sound great through the headphone out of the Zed-R16 and even better through the headphone out of my Apogee Mini DAC.
You might think these are expensive and you would be right but once you hear them you will understand why.

Other headphones I have are ATH M50, Sennheiser HD598, HD280 and HD555, Momentum on ear, Fostex T20, Shure E3, Sony MDR V55, Sony XBA2i

A lot of money for sure but I gave up cigarettes last June and have been putting away the money I would have spent on them.
The great thing is that I can do some eq on them and when I switch back to the Focal Twin monitors there is no readjustment.
Any other headphones throw me a bit when switching between them and monitors.

Damn I need to pick up some bad habits so I can quit them and then save the money….

"Damn I need to pick up some bad habits so I can quit them and then save the money…."

lol :lol:

Got them with a good deal new a few years back. Essential for me, love them, and you can wear them for hours and hours without a problem.

I can understand why some don't like them, but I always digged the detail in the hi mids that some find so off putting. Also incredible clear in the low end imo, for headphones at least.

From what I listened to a few years ago (so YMMV) they have a small subtle roll-off in the high end typical of the Sennheiser sound. If any of you guys want to buy a pair, try also referencing with the HD 600: the latter are a bit less expensive and might translate to a better mix because they tend to have a lesser roll-off.

I currently own a pair of krk kns8400, I have them for quite some time and got really used to them (mix-wise). But since they are closed-backs i'm thinking of saving money and get a new pair. Would you recommend the HD650 over Beyerdynamic DT880 or AKG K701? Sorry if i got off topic