Senseless lyrics

I Luv God

Jul 14, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I think having good lyrics is an important part of releasing an album for just about any band although I dont necessarily agree with most of what the bands I listen to put out lyrically.I can listen to and appreciate just about anything even if I cant understand or agree with what the lyricist is singing.
I was at a Buddy's house a couple weeks back and he put in a death metal cd (so sorry I cant remember)and the lyrics were nothing more than a bunch of big and rarely used words in the american dictionary which made absolutely no sense at all thrown in the order as had been done.Dont get me wrong,if a band wants to put out an album using words they know make no sense just thrown together,I could care less but just make it have some sense of fluidity in respect to the music.
I find such things quite humorous as I saw the music more of a joke than an album.
What are some bands/albums that you guys have come across with really bad lyrics?

I Luv God - what were the band you were listening to? I've got a feeling it was some goregrind band like early Carcass, in which case the lyrics are probably inspirationally taken from medical/anatomical textbooks, using proper medical terminology to describe acts of necrophilia and other such unsavoury acts... they're actually pretty well done, if you're into that sort of thing... hehehe

dill_the_devil said:
I Luv God - what were the band you were listening to? I've got a feeling it was some goregrind band like early Carcass, in which case the lyrics are probably inspirationally taken from medical/anatomical textbooks, using proper medical terminology to describe acts of necrophilia and other such unsavoury acts... they're actually pretty well done, if you're into that sort of thing... hehehe
I wish I knew.
I'm gonna try to find out when my buddy gets back from work later tonight.
Im gonna check out some Carcass lyrics in the mean time.

Hahaha, War Pigs was hilarious.

Generals gather in their MASSES
Just like witches at black MASSES

Way to rhyme THE SAME WORD.

Cracking song though.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
hmm, i think just about every single power metal band has bad lyrics, i saw hammerfall on headbangers ball and i just laughed my ass off at how stupid they were, though they do make top notch music
I don't see what's so bad about Hammerfalls lyrics? Can you explain. I think Powermetal bands do have good lyrics, such as Angra, early Helloween, DragonForce and Metalium.

i dont know, i just find it all very cheesy, with many anthems like "we must fight to the death" and "never give stop fighting" and so forth, i forgot what hammerfall song they played but i heard the lyrics and i just couldnt help laughing, the only power metal lyrics i can take kind of serious is from bands like blin guardian and rhapsody/luca turilli, i guess its just a matter of opinion

I find that the most meaningful lyrics always are in the melodic side of metal, rather than all the thrashy ones... although those you cannot really understand at all.

Oh oh oh, there is one set of lyrics from Edguy, which is absolutely hilarious... hold on:

The sound of explosions, the children awake
The turn of the tide acts up, the ground starts to quake,
A pile of dented steel, in fear I realize
Behind the shuttle's windshield two evil shining eyes.

Highspeed alien drum bunny - Highspeed alien drum bunny!

Handcuffed they take the stranded straight to their lab.
Examine him, his DNA, what you give is what you will get.
He takes his magic carrot, a bang and drums appear,
He starts to play like thunder, mankind flee to save your hearing.

Highspeed alieen drum bunny - Highspeed alien drum bunny

Chorus:
Save us now, somebody save us now
From Highspeed A.D.B
Save us now, somebody save us now
From Highspeed A.D.B

Bum Bum Bunny B., life is a drag I can tell.
But let me count to four and you can play the roll of hell.
One two one two three four...

[hopple-roll of hopple-hell by the protagonist]

High speed alien drum bunny, Highspeed alien drum bunny.
Hi fish, alien drum bunny - Hasi, alien drum bunny.

This is the alien drum bunnie's revenge - Resistance is futile!!

:guh: :D :Spin: