• Frozen

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Crimson

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • The Cold White Light

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
my vote goes for Crimson
tho I liked sentenced when they released Amok I wasn't a lot into them,as a matter of fact I had forgotten them,but when Crimson came out I loved it

The cold white light. It's so catchy and generally pop that I can't help but love it :) It's also a record that, when interpreted right, chronicles some personal events past pretty well.

When it comes to Sentenced, I feel cheated. I, at one time, owned North From Here, Down, Frozen and Crimson. My fave out of these was North From Here. I found the latter three extremely boring, with a horrible vocalist(sorry).

I never did hear Amok, which is constantly praised as their best.

I also ues to own all three Black League releases. Like Sentenced, I found this boring, but much better than Down, Frozen and Crimson.

Anyway, I sold all of them on eBay and made my money back. Go figure.

FOr the record, I voted North From here

I think 'Down' is the best of theirs, but honestly both Frozen ja Amok come very close. Best Sentenced song is however 'Desert By Night' from 'The Trooper EP'.

Originally posted by SoulVomitor
Who is "Sentenced"? I went to half.com and looked at their LP covers and voted for "Crimson" per this was the coolest looking. I know that's lame but I felt left out.:(:devil:
:lol: in a similar way I "found" Vintersorg: I saw the cover and the beautiful shades of green of Cosmic Genesis and bought it only for that reason :dopey: o_O then the other albums... and now I'm unhappy with the new release :cry: :mad:

anyway... sentenced is the topic!

I've been a huge sentenced fan since north from here, Love it all. TCWL is an absolutely amazing album and i will always dig these guys, Its great to see so many people share the same feelings regarding sentenced. Hail Sentenced!!!!

Wow!! That's something you really dont hear often. A person who likes all of their work. I applaud you kami!! Usually it's either fans of North From Here till Amok, or Down to the present fans in opposite corners.

Me personally, dont care for their death metal stuff, but am tickled to death when the shit from Love and Death and after is playing. But that's fine. To each their own.

TCWL has grown on me even more. I didnt think that was possible since I loved it so much already. If I hadnt voted on this computer already, I would vote for that now.

Originally posted by Vienyard
Wow!! That's something you really dont hear often. A person who likes all of their work. I applaud you kami!! Usually it's either fans of North From Here till Amok, or Down to the present fans in opposite corners.

Yeah i think the best thing for me was being able to watch them grow to where they are now, ive always liked being able to see great bands start strong and mature into something greater of themselves all the while delivering to us great forms of music to listen to:) If im in a death metal mood i can jam on north and if im in the mood for dynamic songs then its later stuff. I know what you mean about TCWL, I love that album too, Can't get it out of the CD player :D

Wow, there's another person besides me who actually appreciates artists who evolve? Imagine that!!

I voted "Cold White Light" simply because it's the only album I could sing every track and I believe memorable songwriting in a genre rife with compositional crap is nothing to shake a stick at . . .