Septic Broiler rehearsal 1990

mighty_amorphis

Ashes Against the Grain
Nov 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
I have an original tape called "Rehearsal December 1990" with rehearsal versions of "Beyond Enlightenment" and "A Void of Tranquillity" that would later appear on the DT demo (http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=223314)

I was wondering if anyone (Niklas?) knows how many copies were made by the band. Another question, to which I guess only Niklas knows the answer) is about the words written with blue pen in Swedish on the insert. Have those appeared on all inserts or on only one(few) of them?

223314.jpg

Can you put pixs here please ???

thanks

I had totally forgotten about this tape. It wasn't an "official" release that got promoted as such; we just xeroxed some inserts and sent the cassettes out to tapetrading friends at the time. I'd guess that around 10 copies were made, so it's probably the most limited D.T. (sort of) item one can own.

As for the Swedish words, I have no idea - maybe Martin wrote something about a change of address or so?

Thanks, Niklas. Swedish words say the following after translating to English:
"No Vocal! No Bass! HA HA!" and "Almost" below with arrow pointing to the "Bass" word. Pretty funny :) I bet it's not something that would appear on all tapes that were made.

I had totally forgotten about this tape. It wasn't an "official" release that got promoted as such; we just xeroxed some inserts and sent the cassettes out to tapetrading friends at the time. I'd guess that around 10 copies were made, so it's probably the most limited D.T. (sort of) item one can own.

As for the Swedish words, I have no idea - maybe Martin wrote something about a change of address or so?

I've got it in a trade not a while ago. I had an option to either pick this one or the Septic Broiler demo. Since I was 100% sure that this tape is original and much rarer, I picked it.
In the modern times of global connectivity, the age of the tape means nothing. You can find stuff on Ebay that used to be considered impossible to get.

As for why I have only this tape, the reason is simple - while I love most of the DT stuff, I'm not collecting DT items :) However, I find demos of "pre-" formations of known bands fascinating and acquire them whenever possible.

@ mighty amorphis, as this tape is about 20 years old
how long have you had it in your possession and where do you get it?

edit ... I find it interesting(?) that you only have 1 DT item, this tape???

Cool. Reminds me of my demo tape of the guys that later went on to start Dismember...can't remember how they called themselves then.