Sepultura - Kairos

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This is not as bad as I was thinking it's going to be. All the recent Seps disks have done zilch for me but this is not bad. Only problem is Derek Green's vocals. I just don't like his boring and monotonous tones at all and never have done since he's been in the band. He has no personality and this is where Max wins. He can't sing for shit but he has personality in spades and his accent is cool as hell. The only thing about this new Seps offering is that it sounds very close to Chaos AD which is quite a good thing. I quite like the weird solos here too. The title track Kairos has one absolutely killer riff in it that leads to involuntary head banging though it must be said and sounds very close to War For Territory. If this album had Max singing on it, it would be pretty good for a latter day Seps disk. I still by far prefer Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy to Seps but this disk is not bad. Worth one listen especially if you like Chaos AD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haters can go screw a goat!

SEPULTURA DO BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always been, always will be one of my favorite "extreme" metal bands. Cavaleras or not, the band still rocks!

There is a song on there that really sounds like a rip off of Cavalera Conspriracy. Album isnt bad as i like the last few "Sepultura" albums. Dante IX i thought was a killer CD even with Derek greens bad vocals. The new one he sounds a lot closer to Max then he ever has. It just isn't Sepultura with no Cavaleras. I wish Andreas would get the stick out of his ass and just reuinite like Max is itchin to do.

Definitely agree with that. But Cavalera Conspiracy is still heavier, better produced and more importantly catchier for me.

I'll give you catchier, and that CC album was better than the first one I think. Heavier and better produced I will totally disagree with you on though!