Sepultura, Soulfly or CC

Who's better?

• Total voters

Chamet

Keepin' it bonzer
Dec 29, 2005
England
So, which band's your favorite? Sepultura (pre Roots), Soulfly or Cavalera Conspiracy?

For me it's Sepultura, followed by CC and then Soulfly.

UH FUCK VOTING ON THAT, I LOVE EVERY ALBUM BY SEPULTURA EVEN INCLUDING AFTER ROOTS, STILL SUPPORT SEPULTURA WITH DERRICK GREEN. I LOVE SOULFLY, GOT EVERY ALBUM, SEEN EM A BUNCH OF TIMES, I SUPPORT CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, SAW THEIR FIRST SHOW EVER, GOT THE ALBUM. WHAT ABOUT NAILBOMB?????

ITS TO HARD FOR ME TO ANSWER. BUT, PERSONALLY I LIKE NAILBOMB THE BEST OUT OF ANY PROJECT.

This is like asking to choose between different brands of your favourite food. They're all brilliant in their own way. I'm including post Max Seps in that statement too. I like Derrick and the music they've done with him. If I was forced I would choose Soulfly and the only reason I would choose them is because one of their albums is one of my all time favourites.

Yeah this is a pretty stupid Poll. Cavalera Conspiracy hasn't been around long enough to even be mentioned in this poll. After they have put out 6 albums then maybe we can talk.

Beneath the Remains, Arise > Conquer > Chaos AD > Schizophrenia > Dark Ages > Inflikted > Soulfly S/T > Roots > Prophecy > Soulfly III > Morbid Visions > Primitive

Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy > Anything Sepultura has done after Max left

Sepultura without Max is just not Sepultura. Derrick Green doesn't work. He is not bad for a 'hardcore' type vocalist. But for "sepultura" he sucks. He is terrible when he sings Max's songs.

Now that Igor is gone it is a disgrace they keep playing under the Sepultura name.

I DISAGREE. SEPULTURA STILL HAS THEIR ATTITUDE AND ANDREAS AND PAULO ARE STILL MAKING KILLER MUSIC. PEOPLE DONT LIKE THAT IGGOR ISNT INVOLVED. WHICH I UNDERSTAND,. I DIDNT LIKE THAT AT FIRST EITHER. BUT, EH SEPULTURA STAYED TRUE AND WILL KEEP MAKING THEIR OWN HISTORY. THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK

I agree that its good they are carrying on. I like a lot of their newer stuff and am excited about the new album. But I think that the Seps indicated in the poll are supposed to be Max Cavalera era Seps. And as I said before there's no contest between them all. They are all brilliant because they've got our man Max at the helm.

WHYNOT? I AGREE, EARLY SEPUL/ AND NAILBOMB ARE MY PERSONAL FAVS. BUT, I SEE NO REASON WHY TO COMPARE NEW TO OLD...

IT ALL KICKS ASS. NO BAD RECORDS YET, AND MAX/IGGOR BEEN ON TOP OF THEIR GAME SINCE THEY STARTED! THERES NO WAY 2 TOP ANYTHING THEY DID. IT ALL IS GREAT HAHAHA

Going with...ah crap.
See,two of my favourite songs are Inflikted and corrupted,I think i like Inklikted more so just off that ill go with CC.Are they together still?

If you say that then you're obviously not listening to the right stuff. I can understand not liking the world music aspect of Soulfly (but in my opinion it just makes the heavy parts heavier) or even the first few albums with their nu-metal style(ish). But Prophesy, Dark Ages and Conquer are amazing albums. And all the albums have had good songs on them.

I'm not attacking your opinion, I just find it hard to understand how anyone can say they like Inflikted but not Soulfly at all.

well I like nu-metal but I don`t like soulfly I listen slipknot,drowning pool,OTEP,mudvayne,disturbed, soulfly is good but i dont like

Sepultura was Max and Igor and always will be. Who the hell listened to Beneath the Remains for Paulo or Andreas' work? No one.

Sepultura is a name thats been soiled ever since Max left. I wish people would stop saying 'Yeah but they've made good music without him' because they haven't. If anything, Sepultura's name has been tarnished just as badly as Metallica's (if not worse). Max had a rather rocky start with Soulfly but even the first three Soulfly records are vastly superior to everything Sepultura has done since 1997. Max wins on this one, and now Igor has left Sepultura Andreas and his gang of cronies have no right to use the name.