Sepultura

Orchid

Nonchalant Onlooker
May 5, 2001
www.thalesband.com
How many of you used to listen to Sepultura?

When I was about 14-16 I used to listen to Sepultura, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse and that sort of stuff, and at some point I had bought myself a copy of Sepultura's "Chaos A.D." which ended up in dusting up in my CD rack for about five years... today I (with Protoss) decided to dig it up and listen it through... damn, it's fucking good!

After listening to the first four songs I proceeded to Audiogalaxy to download "Beneath The Remains" and "Arise".

How long has it been since you last listened to Sepultura? If it's been over a year, do yourself a favor and give them another chance (if you've thought them to be dead and dropped).

Damn, I had forgotten how great a drummer Igor Cavalera is/was (I dunno of his current state since I quit listening to Sepultura after Roots, after which Max left the band... sniff).. his drumming is pretty goddamn genuine and ingenious! Before this night I would have named HellHammer or Nick Barker as the Best Metal Drummer, but if someone asked me that question now, I'd definately take Igor Cavalera into consideration.

I know exactly what you mean! I was listening to Chaos AD a lot and then a few years later I pulled out Arise again for a listen. It was even better sounding than when I first heard it. If they could ever get together and make another album like Arise I think I could forgive them for the two crappy albums each they have put out since the break up.

Yeah I know what you mean!

But, even if the music a band makes today is crap it doesn't mean the previous material has suddenly turned into crap as well... most people use to think like that, unfortunately. I've seen that happen in my closest friends.

If you liked something "years back", you ought to listen to that same stuff again. There's nothing quite like the feeling of nostalgy combined with great music (which you remembered to be good but not this good!) :D

Am I right or am I Right?

Orchid@ All those bands you mentioned still rule!!
I don't listen to Sepultura much nowadays, but their albums
(everything before "Nation") will always be good.
They're classics!

Slayer is my all time favourite band and they will always be
the best band for me. I never get enough of them! I'm addicted! :)
Cannibal Corpse is not far behind the band mentioned above! hehe

\m/ :headbang: \m/

i love sepultura to this day. i started listening to them
when i was about 15 yrs old. i will never forget the day
i heard Beneath the Remains. i mean, that cd was so
ahead of its time it was unbeleivable!! then Arise came
out and became my favorite in that time period.

Chaos AD took me a couple months to get into, but
holy shit do i have some good memories with it. lots
of adventure.... its the kind of music that gets your
adrenaline rushing!!

Roots was slightly weak, but is still part of
"old Sepultura". i am with Max in saying that the band
that calls itself by that name today... is really not
Sepultura anymore.

and its a shame also the direction he chose afterwards.
i was expecting more tribal-type works from him, but
what i heard sounded rapmetal shit. :(

I liked Sepultura back when they were GOOD, before they crapped out Roots and everything else from then on...and max should be asamed of himself for doing the crap called Soulfly. At least they can rest easy knowing each other suck.......
notice that Sepultura's change between Chaos AD and Roots seemed to be an omen for the direction Roadrunner Records would soon take?

I was into Sepultura, and Slayer when I was around 12-14. I still like some of Sepultura's older stuff, such as Arise, Chaos A.D., Schizophrenia. They are nothing spectacularjust good old stuff that brings back memories, alng the same lines as Obituary.

This thread seems to confirm that I indeed am a weirdo. I happen to like Nation and Against too, not only the older stuff. I haven't heard all their albums but among those I've heard Roots is the only disappointment.

Morbid Visions & Bestial Devastation, now there's some attitude! :D :lol:

One thing I don't understand, is why people think Sepultura ceased to exist after Max left? After all, he was just one of the original members, there are still 3 (well 2 if you count Jairo T.) of them left. They still make good music, and Derrick is a fine vocalist too. To me it feels almost like saying that Maiden wasn't Maiden anymore after DiAnno left.