Sepultura's last albuns' mix just kick ass!

thiagodollor

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2007
I became a huge fan of Sepultura since their last two albuns: Roorback and Dante XXI. Their playing is just as raw and heavy as no other band and the mix is just so natural that you just can't believe it is a metal production. I know there's a thread here about great drum sounds made with no samples, you definetely should check these albuns. At first sight it doesn't seem that heavy but when all the instruments are playing, man, it's just superb...it's kinda of an alternative way of mixing in this days of "standard sounds" in heavy music and when played live it doesn't seem tiny. Check it.

I was listening to those albums including "against" and "nation" wich by the time the were out , i didn´t like them at all. i was really desapointed with the production and now i really liking it . Maybe i like them now because they sound (as you say) really natural, and fresh comparing with today production where almost every band is a copy paste band in terms of sound and even composition.
I think they are very underrated albums, mostly cuz they are extremely diferent from let say arise and chaos ad.

(excuse my grammar, no native english speaker here)

I've had a strong dislike for Sepultura since Max left, probably unjustified, and unfair. What I've heard of Dante XXI was worlds better than anything they've done since Max was in the band. I should give it a full listen.