Set List for AMOLAD tour?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
So rumor has it that Maiden will be playing the majority of this album live when they are on their North American tour. What do you guys feel about that?

This would mean about 6-8 new songs and then 5 or so Classic songs.

Personally I don't mind it, I like hearing new material. However I truly believe more people would show up to Iron Maiden shows in the USA if they would limit the new material to about 4-5 songs max and play the classic songs. I went to the Brave New World tour and a lot of people were walking out of there upset at the lack of classics and how they played almost every song from Brave New World. Most bands play new songs but I think Maiden forces the new songs down the throats of American fans and Bruce even comments about it "You don't like it tough, we are a current band and this is our current album" blah blah.

What is the over all opinion on this forum?

i would love it if they played all the new album, and nothing older than brave new world.

Personally, I love Maiden and their tunes. All of them. I don't care what they play, only that they play. Perhaps the reason they don't play many dates in the States is the simple fact that the majority of the people here only care about their first 5-7 albums.

i think your right about the 5-7 albums. it's funny how many people have not heard anything from x-factor up.

At least 6 songs from the new album. This is a great
speciality of Maiden that they always rely on their new
material. There were rumours of them playing the whole new
album (source= Bruce interview), if that'd happen it'd rule.

UP THE IRONS FOREVER

Ok shoot me..... When I go to hear a famous band, I always want to hear alot of their hits or the best songs of the prime of their career. While the new music may be great, if the songs haven't become ingrained into a person's life soundscape, the emotional impact just isn't that great.

nlukes said:
Ok shoot me..... When I go to hear a famous band, I always want to hear alot of their hits or the best songs of the prime of their career. While the new music may be great, if the songs haven't become ingrained into a person's life soundscape, the emotional impact just isn't that great.

I agree - on the DOD tour, I hadn't got to know the DOD songs to well at that point so I didn't enjoy that as much as I would now cos I didn't know all the words to them then. They don't want to become a nostalgia act by just playing their old stuff.

nlukes said:

The point is they are spending millions on a tour, taking a financial loss as all tours do and all to support the new album.

It makes sense to focus on the new stuff.

When I saw smashing pumpkins at the Reading Festival back in 1994 or 1995 theyu played the entire mellon collie album and yes it sucked...but I was never a huge fan of them anyway......kinda lost my point here lol.

Iron Maiden have too much material and no matter what the guys do they can never win over everyone.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
So rumor has it that Maiden will be playing the majority of this album live when they are on their North American tour. What do you guys feel about that?

This would mean about 6-8 new songs and then 5 or so Classic songs.

Personally I don't mind it, I like hearing new material. However I truly believe more people would show up to Iron Maiden shows in the USA if they would limit the new material to about 4-5 songs max and play the classic songs. I went to the Brave New World tour and a lot of people were walking out of there upset at the lack of classics and how they played almost every song from Brave New World. Most bands play new songs but I think Maiden forces the new songs down the throats of American fans and Bruce even comments about it "You don't like it tough, we are a current band and this is our current album" blah blah.

What is the over all opinion on this forum?

People are funny...you say that 4-5 songs should be the max. I recall them playing 5 songs from BNW on the BNW tour.....so...what's the problem? That leaves 8 or 9 classics.

If people left, then they're simply "fans" from the "golden era" trying to re-live the past. You know how those songs got to be classics? Yep...Maiden played them live! These were all new songs at one point...and did these people leave for the new songs back then? No...of course not...so why now? Bunch of lazy f'ers that think just cause the band is now older, that for some reason the new material can't be good. *Sigh*...I'll say it again...ALL Maiden song were new at some point...why would you give the "new" material a chance then...but not now? The only reason I can think of is that they're not really fans anymore...they're just old and lazy, and just there to re-live the glory years. If that's true...let them walk out...I don't care.

BTW...I'm one of those old guys...and I'm as into them as I ever was. :kickass:

Well my opinion is simply this:

They are putting out a new release. They are touring to support this release. They should play a ton of new songs from this release. If you want to hear tunes from the first five albums live, buy Live After Death and for later material there's A Real Live Dead One, Live at Donnington, and Death on The Road. I'm not saying Maiden shouldn't play any of their classic stuff live any more, but a tour supporting a new release should include much of that new release and not just re-hash shit we've all heard live a dozen times.

Besides, if I want to see the classic Maiden stuff played live, I'll go see the ladies play it. Then I don't have to worry about the crowds at a huge venue, nor huge venue ticket prices/availability.