set neck to bolt on conversion

infectdsniper

Dec 6, 2010
Athens, AL
www.facebook.com
okay i know it mights sound stupid but i have an old guitar i dont use with a mahogany body and its a set neck. the problem is i never use is and i want a baritone and evertune bridge.

So i was wondering how hard it would be to cut the neck off and fashion it to take a bolt on baritone neck?

What Matt-Steele is trying to say with a bit of sarcasm is that it will be a lot more complicated than it sounds, probably a huge mess not to mention you'll have to move the bridge to to get the right intonation if you change the scale.

i understand it would be difficult but i would be routing out for the evertune anyway so the length compensation shouldn't be a problem. i know i can do this. im mainly just worried about the wood not being thick enough where it would bolt on to make it happen and seeing if anyone else here has been crazy enough to do it for whatever reason :p

If your a skilled machinist with a mill it's possible. I have three friends that could pull this off easy. Without a mill, you should probably build a slider table for your router. There is a video on youtube with a dude that builds a 1-piece Les Paul. He cut everything with the router. The table he built is really cool. Way more stable that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you want an evertune bridge also raises the cost of modification a lot ( unless you can do it yourself). In my opnion it's not worth it.