Set times for NYC tonight...

gotham said:
Considering that Opeth fans are the teen acne-ridden set from Brooklyn and the burbs and PT fans are 40 year old NearFest vets with a paunch, PT should come on first. Their crowd can get home to feed the dog and the clueless Opeth kids can get exposed to serious, challenging rock that might ween them away from the Metallicas and Dream Theaters.
Someone's a bit stuck up...

gotham said:
Considering that Opeth fans are the teen acne-ridden set from Brooklyn and the burbs and PT fans are 40 year old NearFest vets with a paunch, PT should come on first. Their crowd can get home to feed the dog and the clueless Opeth kids can get exposed to serious, challenging rock that might ween them away from the Metallicas and Dream Theaters.

Sarcastic,belittling ass.

1st off , how can you lump DT with Metallica? And how can you NOT consider Dream Theater or old Metallica "challenging rock?!?"

Also, my friend and I (both 36 years with no zits and from Manhattan and Queens respectively) are huge Opeth fans and attended last night's show which actually included a number of 20+ Opeth fans along with the variable age distribution of PT fans (and I also consider myself a PT fan).

Compared to the great teeny bopper Opeth show I attended in Worcester,MA in January and the half disinterested crowd at Birch Hill in May, this crowd was diverse and mostly interested in both bands even though I'd say it was an Opeth crowd. Only time Opeth started losing a few attention-deficit suffering fans (including the bozo who yelled out "f**kin Nickelback") was during the last few Damnation songs (after Closure).

Last night's show was great and it did work out to hopefully have exposed more fans to PT...

gotham said:

I'm curious, if I wanted to make a donation to help raise money to buy you a clue, where would I send the check?

This will be my fourth time seeing Opeth, and I can honestly say that the crowds have never been made up of the "teen acne-ridden set". I myself am 34, have neither acne nor a paunch, and love Opeth.

I find your generalization of Opeth's fan base insulting and ironically "clueless". Opeth is an underground band (no video or radio exposure). Which means that the only people who listen to their music, generally speaking, are the type of music fans who seek out quality music. As a Prog Rock fan, I'm surprised you would label this set "clueless".

Next time, do yourself a favor; give the dog a little extra food and water before you leave, stick around for Opeth's set and learn something.

GZ

squatch41 said:
Compared to the great teeny bopper Opeth show I attended in Worcester,MA in January and the half disinterested crowd at Birch Hill in May, this crowd was diverse and mostly interested in both bands even though I'd say it was an Opeth crowd. Only time Opeth started losing a few attention-deficit suffering fans (including the bozo who yelled out "f**kin Nickelback") was during the last few Damnation songs (after Closure).

Last night's show was great and it did work out to hopefully have exposed more fans to PT...

I love the part when everyone in the crowd told him to shut up.

General Zod said:
I'm curious, if I wanted to make a donation to help raise money to buy you a clue, where would I send the check?

This will be my fourth time seeing Opeth, and I can honestly say that the crowds have never been made up of the "teen acne-ridden set". I myself am 34, have neither acne nor a paunch, and love Opeth.

I find your generalization of Opeth's fan base insulting and ironically "clueless". Opeth is an underground band (no video or radio exposure). Which means that the only people who listen to their music, generally speaking, are the type of music fans who seek out quality music. As a Prog Rock fan, I'm surprised you would label this set "clueless".

Next time, do yourself a favor; give the dog a little extra food and water before you leave, stick around for Opeth's set and learn something.

GZ

You nailed it. Thanks for the great response.

Also, is that really Superman II's General Zod in your avatar or just a pale imitation of Overkill's DD Verni (to confirm , see DD's pic at http://www.wreckingcrew.com/)

the show at irving in january was indeed filled with a shit load of geeked out acne ridden teens who done up with some wicked nu-metal hair spikes , and hot topicesque latex clothing. However last night in nyc the place was a mix between normal metal heads, business men, and goth chicks

brooklynmayhem said:
the show at irving in january was indeed filled with a shit load of geeked out acne ridden teens who done up with some wicked nu-metal hair spikes, and hot topicesque latex clothing.

I'm guessing that crowd had bought tickets hoping to see Lacuna Coil, who cancelled at the last moment. Whenever I've seen Opeth, it's never been a young crowd. However, when I went to see Lacuna Coil, there were tons of folks in that type of dress.

GZ