Setlist ideas for 2010 tours

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
Another inevitable thread :) From the new one my flat out demands are Forsaker, Liberation and Longest Year. Nephilim could probably work very well live as well with all the old school dooming going on in there. Of the more mellow songs I'd say Promise of Deceit would work the best. It's got a lot of catchiness along with the ambience.

Going back in the disco there's a lot of songs I have seen and haven't seen that need to be played. Follower was fantastic live the one time I've seen it + Had To Leave and/or Right Into The Bliss should be included considering how much they rock on Live Consternation. Chrome, Dissolving Bonds and Complicity are three more I've never seen that I really want.

As for unplayed (as far as I know) songs go Dispossession, Will I Arrive or Rusted would be cool :cool:

NitND Era: The Longest Year, Onward Into Battle, Liberation, and New Night.
TGCD Era: Dissolving Bonds, and Unfurl.
Viva Era: Criminals, Will I Arrive, Burn the Remembrance, Evidence, and Wait Outside.
LFDGD Era: Dispossession, Teargas, Tonight's Music, The Future of Speech, and Sweet Nurse.
Tonight's Era: For My Demons, and Fractured.

That'd be my dreamset.

Cold Ways! We got Deadhouse when I saw them, which was amazing, but more from DO would be a good idea...maybe even the instrumental song if they're gonna be using more keys. Oh and DEFINITELY Quiet World. Follower and Dissolving Bonds too.....and Unfurl.

NitND Era: The Longest Year, Onward Into Battle, Nephilim
TGCD Era: Dissolving Bonds, Increase,
Viva Era: Evidence, Omerta ( sing along song :D )
LFDGD Era: Teargas, Tonight's Music, The Future of Speech,
Tonight's Era: For My Demons, Strained, Right Into The Bliss.
DO Era: Deadhouse, Relention, Cold Ways, Last Resort
BMD Era: Rainroooooom

Any setlist that doesn't include VE songs will do!

Anyway... I'd like Cold Ways, I Break, For My Demons, Right into the Bliss, Teargas, The Future of Speech, Leaders, Deliberation, Dissolving Bonds...
And Rainroom could work well live. Although I dislike how old songs (Murder or Without God) are played in a really low tuning.

THE ULTIMATE KATATONIA SETLIST

recently/ fairly often played songs (never getting tired of those!) :
Consternation, Ghost of the sun, July, Criminals, Leaders, Tonight's music

not so often/ not in a long time played songs:
Complicity, Will I arrive, Without god, Dissolving bonds, In the white, Chrome

and most importantly- the never played before songs:
Rusted, Increase, anything from the new album and basically anything they have never played from any other album

THANK YOU.
:)

I will just list the songs that I expect them to play which I havent seen live yet.

Wait Outside
Burn The Remembrance
Strained
Help Me Disappear (If I see this one I can die in peace then..)
Sulfur
The Promise of Deceit

My ultimate setlist (will never come true):

Day
Cold ways
Saw you drown
Black Session
Nightmares by the sea
Passing Bird
Chrome
A Premonition
Omerta
Journey through pressure
Dissolving bonds
New night
Idle Blood
Liberation

bonus:
Rainroom
Help me disappear

my personal, in a growing order from origin to today

day please consider to play it in rome (where i'll be)
then:

funeral wedding
quiet world
...for funerals to come
endtime
i break
last resort
clean today
the future of speech
a darkness coming
march 4
wealth
deliberation
soil's song
new night
day and the shade
the promise of deceit
the longest year
idle blood
forsaker

:headbang:

I really think it's time to put Help Me Disappear in. I remember once Anders posted to one these relevant topics that he also thinks the song can be good live. We'll wait and see... April 6 Munich!! Plz play the shit!!!!