Setlist in Sacramento

Insania

As Good As Dead
Jun 7, 2002
Sacramento
Visit site
Pretty good turnout for this one!!! I finally met Swissman, Thraxx, thanks DE...

With only two bands on the bill, the Ruffians opened up around 9:40. Definately '80's! Classic twin lead guitarists with a clean vocalist, with a sound somewhere between Saxon, Queensryche, and Dio (the singer). I thought they were pretty cool, but clearly weren't thrashy enough. They did have a good mix, too, but had a hard time harmonizing some guitar parts. That's Sacramento for you -- the warm up gig...

Got to talking, and at times, two-fisted beer-ing , I don't remember what time Testament came on...Damn, Chuck looked awesome, like 15 years younger or something, prolly 'cause he was without hair braids this time. Again their sound, like other recent Testament shows at other venues, wasn't that great, too much volume for the club and I think Eric fought feedback half the night...You couldn't hear Chuck on the opening song, but the sound guy got it fixed fast. I could hear Bostaph's double bass kicks pretty clearly :headbang:

Fuckin' awesome set list, a few I've never heard live before. I got really hammered so I could be lying...

Set list (in order):

D.N.R.
Low
Practice What You Preach (MM did a great job on this lead!)
Sins of Omission
Burnt Offerings
Alone in the Dark
True Believer
3 Days of Darkness
The Haunting (ESP on lead!!)
Electric Crown
Into The Pit
Over the Wall
Then Chuck introduced Metal Mike, Bostaph, Steve, then Eric, "then there's me... the Dog Faced God"
Disciples of the Watch

As for me, 4 Saigons at the Pho, then 9 or 10 Newcastles at the bar... :D

Yes it was a great show Metal Mike is fucking awesome..... I have seen him play with Halford 3 times. ANd his chains :headbang: f-ing Great

Ah, nice. Very funny too Insania..."Fuckin' awesome set list, a few I've never heard live before. I got really hammered so I could be lying..."

Can't wait till they come some where close to me! Should be playing new material by then...

Thanks for the review. I'm glad to hear the show was great. The setlist isn't really surprising (pretty much the same as last year), but it's good to hear they're still playing Sins Of Omission, Electric Crown and The Haunting. And they really need to change their soundman, I suppose.

Do they ever play anything off of Demonic live? Just wondering.

Also, anyone ever notice that the beginning to Sins of Omission sounds like the theme song from Nightrider?

Goddammit, when are they coming to Montreal again???? lol It's been too long since they came here, the Gathering tour,(well, i went to the TOTT...:D, but that's another story) haha....i need some Testament, the bootlegs just barely feed my appetite for hearing my favourite band live once more.