Setlist Poll links

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Since our setlist polls are going to end up being a collection of links, I figured I'd start a thread where I can add the new ones as I go along.

You know the routine: vote for the four songs from each cd that you most want to see the band perform live (PLEASE only choose four). Note: songs that receive the most votes are NOT guaranteed to end up on the band's setlist, this is just a way for the band to find out what you want to hear them perform in concert (that said, MJR has been surprised by some of the votes EVERY time we've done a setlist poll, and the results HAVE changed the band's actual setlist in the past, so be sure to vote for your favorites!).

The Polls (polls closed and links removed 10Dec):
Iconoclast Poll
Paradise Lost Poll
The Odyssey Poll
V: The New Mythology Suite Poll
Twilight in Olympus Poll
The Divine Wings of Tragedy Poll
The Damnation Game Poll
Symphony X (self-titled debut) Poll

Thanks for voting! :)

Yes they do...

But seriously, it's because the polls for Odyssey and earlier haven't been made yet, it goes back from newest to oldest.

I'll be happy if they decide to play NO songs from PL. Album has been played to death...

These polls suck. We can vote infinite times and we can't see the results.

I've been posting the results every day on FB.. will add them here too if that would make you happy.

At the moment, the top 3 Iconoclast songs are still Iconoclast, When All is Lost, and Electric Messiah. The top 3 Paradise Lost songs are Paradise Lost, Set the World on Fire, and in third is a tie between Revelation and The Walls of Babylon.

Ugh, I don't feel like WAIL would be a good live track. And Paradise Lost isn't that exciting either. I was expecting to see Domination or Serpent's Kiss in the top 3 for PL, so it's cool to see Revelation and Babylon getting votes.

Electric Messiah is great live track, I think.
I would have thought for sure that Reign in Madness would be in the top three.
Yeah, shame about Reign. I voted for it. It seemed to be popular with people here so I assumed other fans who would take the time to vote would also feel the same. Oh well..

Disappointed in the lack of Seven for the PL poll too. That was actually the only song I voted for as to not give votes to anything else. Haha.

Setlist poll for V: The New Mythology Suite is here.

At the moment, the top 3 Iconoclast songs are still Iconoclast, When All is Lost, and Electric Messiah; the The End of Innocence is starting to creep up the list, though. The top 3 Paradise Lost songs are Paradise Lost, Set the World on Fire, and Revelation, followed closely by The Walls of Babylon. The top 3 songs from The Odyssey are The Odyssey, Accolade II, and Inferno, with Awakenings not far behind.

I've been posting the results every day on FB.. will add them here too if that would make you happy.

Yeah thanks for doing that, makes up a little for the fact that we can't see the results directly! :worship: Would be great if you posted the complete poll results too, not just the top three, maybe like a week after the last poll. Moreover, I'm just very interested to see how every song scores. I love such silly statistics anyway. I'm sure many will agree with me! :)

what about when people vote more than once? any way to stop that or even tell?

All right, all right, I will confess... I have voted more than once, even today :(

In my defense, I´ll say that I haven´t voted for Electric Messiah, End of Innocence, Paradise Lost, Set the World of Fire, Inferno or Evolution ( Just to name a few). Instead, I have voted mainly for Revelation, Awakenings and since today, Rediscovery. :headbang:

While I think this poll is a great idea, I have a feeling that the most votes will be cast for the songs we've all heard many times before (e.g. Inferno, Evolution, Sins, Sea, Smoke, etc.) I'm predicting that Sins, Sea, and the title track will get the most votes for Divine Wings, with Smoke, Church, and Looking Glass for Twilight.

It's the internet.. people will figure out a way to vote more than once no matter what you do. It's not worth losing sleep over since it's not meant to be a scientific poll or anything, you know?

Next poll coming up shortly.

The Twilight in Olympus poll is here.

The top 3 for Iconoclast are still Iconoclast, When All is Lost, and Electric Messiah, but The End of Innocence is only 9 votes from moving into 3rd.
The top 3 Paradise Lost songs remain Paradise Lost, Set the World on Fire, and Revelation, still followed closely by The Walls of Babylon.
The top 3 songs from The Odyssey are unchanged: The Odyssey, Accolade II, and Inferno, with Awakenings remaining a close fourth.
V: The New Mythology Suite's top 3 songs are Rediscovery Pt. II, Evolution, and Communion and the Oracle, with Egypt not far behind.

It's the internet.. people will figure out a way to vote more than once no matter what you do. It's not worth losing sleep over since it's not meant to be a scientific poll or anything, you know?

Next poll coming up shortly.

Figure out? really? It's not like I had to do some computer voodoo. I just hit the link a second time. Does it say somewhere that we are suppose to only vote once? Please show me and I will happily stop. I don't want to ruin an unscientific poll afterall. Only voted as many times as I did so maybe, just maybe on my 4th concert I could hear something different then the same old same old songs. Of course with the exception of the new songs of the lastest release which you would expect to hear supported.