Setlist Poll links

The setlist poll for The Divine Wings of Tragedy is here.

Results:
-A little shuffle in the top 3 for Iconoclast; Iconoclast is first, followed by When All is Lost, but The End of Innocence has passed Electric Messiah for third place.
-The number one Paradise Lost song remains Paradise Lost, but Set the World on Fire is coming up from behind.. in third is Revelation, with The Walls of Babylon still in fourth.
-There's a battle for 3rd in the poll for The Odyssey; The Odyssey is first, then Accolade II holding a solid second place, followed by Awakenings and Inferno which are within ten votes of each other.
-Things are heating up in the V: The New Mythology Suite poll.. Rediscovery Pt. II is still in the lead, but Evolution and Communion and the Oracle are neck and neck (within 20 votes), with Egypt holding steady at fourth.
-Twilight in Olympus' top 3 songs are Through the Looking Glass, Church of the Machine, and Smoke and Mirrors; In the Dragon's Den is a ways off at fourth.

Glad to see the more progressive songs remain most popular, bar a few exceptions. Hopefully this is an eye-opener for the band, especially Russell and Romeo.
I can't image that they won't play a song like The Odyssey, Accolade, Rediscovery, Through the Looking Glass or Church now because that is clearly what the fanbase generally wants.

The setlist poll for The Damnation Game is here.

Results:
-In the top 3 for Iconoclast, Iconoclast is first, followed by When All is Lost.. The End of Innocence is still in third ahead of Electric Messiah, but only by 14 votes.
-The number one Paradise Lost song remains Paradise Lost, but Set the World on Fire is only 29 votes behind. 31 votes apart are Revelation in 3rd and The Walls of Babylon still in fourth.
-The battle in the poll for The Odyssey is still raging..The Odyssey is first, but Accolade II is less than 30 votes behind.. Awakenings is third, and Inferno is still back in fourth.
-Things are still tight in the V: The New Mythology Suite poll.. Rediscovery pt. II is still #1, but Communion and the Oracle is only 25 votes behind, followed closely by Evolution and Egypt.
-Twilight in Olympus' top 3 songs are unchanged: Through the Looking Glass, Church of the Machine, and Smoke and Mirrors, with In the Dragon's Den still at fourth.
-The top 3 songs from The Divine Wings of Tragedy are The Divine Wings of Tragedy, The Accolade, and Candlelight Fantasia, with Of Sins and Shadows a way off in fourth.

-The top 3 songs from The Divine Wings of Tragedy are The Divine Wings of Tragedy, The Accolade, and Candlelight Fantasia, with Of Sins and Shadows a way off in fourth.

I am pleasantly surprised! Could you imagine how awesome it would be if the band ever decided to play Divine Wings (song) again? It may take up a large chunk of the set, but I think it would be worth it. I'd rather hear that than The Odyssey.

Whew.. last poll! Thanks to everyone who's voted so far; the band appreciates your input! The Symphony X (s/t) Poll can be found here. As always, please vote for the four songs from this cd that you'd most like to hear SymX perform live.. please only vote for four, and please vote only once. The polls will remain open until midnight Pacific time on Friday 10 December; polls will be closed and deleted on Sunday 11 December, and top results will be announced on Monday 12 December.

The results as of this writing:
-In the top 3 for Iconoclast, Iconoclast is first, followed by When All is Lost.. The End of Innocence is still in third, with Electric Messiah and Reign in Madness fighting it out for fourth.
-The battle in the Paradise Lost song is raging.. Set the World on Fire has moved ahead of Paradise Lost by two votes.. Revelation stays in 3rd and The Walls of Babylon is still in fourth.
-The number one song from The Odyssey poll, The Odyssey, has pulled ahead of Accolade II by 40+ votes.. Awakenings is third, and Inferno is still back in fourth.
-Things are still close in the V: The New Mythology Suite poll.. Rediscovery pt. II remains #1, but Communion and the Oracle is now only 20 votes behind, followed closely by Evolution, with Egypt trailing by only 23 votes.
-Twilight in Olympus' top 3 songs are unchanged: Through the Looking Glass, Church of the Machine, and Smoke and Mirrors, with In the Dragon's Den still at fourth.
-The top 3 songs from The Divine Wings of Tragedy have also stayed the same: The Divine Wings of Tragedy, The Accolade, and Candlelight Fantasia, with Of Sins and Shadows back in fourth.
-Your top 3 Damnation Game songs are The Edge of Forever in first with a huge lead over the #2 song, The Damnation Game.. A Winter's Dream Pt. 2 is in third, with Dressed to Kill and A Winter's Dream Pt. 1 battling it out for fourth.

If you haven't voted in the setlist poll yet, you have until midnight Pacific US time tonight (Friday 9Dec) to do so. I have to say, I thought sure there'd be a lot more votes overall, given the size of SymX's online fanbase, but the votes that we've had have been interesting!

Let's do the results a little differently than before.. results as of this writing:

song title - number of votes - percentage of that poll's votes
Iconoclast Total polls completed: 2782
Iconoclast - 1,640 - 16%
When All Is Lost - 1,399 - 14%
The End of Innocence - 973 - 10%
Electric Messiah - 950 - 10%

Paradise Lost Total polls completed: 2688
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies) - 1,427 - 15%
Paradise Lost - 1,418 - 15%
Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia) - 1,161 - 12%
The Walls of Babylon - 1,113 - 12%

The Odyssey Total polls completed: 3121
The Odyssey - 1,967 - 19%
Accolade II - 1,935 - 19%
Awakenings- 1,568 -15%
Inferno (Unleash the Fire) - 1,498 - 15%

V: The New Mythology Suite Total polls completed: 2528
Communion and the Oracle - 1,311 - 16%
Rediscovery pt. II - The New Mythology - 1,307 - 16%
Evolution (The Grand Design) - 1,193 - 14%
Egypt - 1,187 - 14%

Twilight in Olympus Total polls completed: 2162
Through the Looking Glass (Part I, II, III) - 1,364 - 19%
Church of the Machine - 1,269 - 18%
Smoke and Mirrors - 1,180 - 16%
In the Dragon's Den - 1,008 - 14%

The Divine Wings of Tragedy Total polls completed: 1720
The Divine Wings of Tragedy - 1,207 - 20%
The Accolade - 988 - 16%
Candlelight Fantasia - 740 -12%
Of Sins and Shadows - 698 - 12%

The Damnation Game Total polls completed: 1037
The Edge of Forever - 836 - 23%
The Damnation Game - 631 - 18%
A Winter's Dream - The Ascension (Part II) - 586 - 16%
A Winter's Dream - Prelude (Part I) - 378 - 11%

Symphony X (self-titled debut) Total polls completed: 523
Masquerade - 392 - 22%
Absinthe and Rue - 229 - 13%
A Lesson Before Dying - 204 - 12%
Rapture or Pain - 176 - 10%

I wonder how much time they'll have on stage for the double headlining shows with Iced Earth. Would it be about half of what they'd normally get?

I really really love from the Iconoclast album the song "Bastards of the Machine"... and it isn't competing!? I don't know why!? It's such a great song! It fricking rocks! Hell Yeah! Does anybody have listened to it? Anybody? The thing is that in February I'll go to a Symphony X concert in Montreal and I want them to play it live and loud!!!

I´m really glad to see that Communion and the Oracle, The Oddysey, Awakenings, Through the Looking Glass, Edge on Forever, Divine Wings of Tragedy, Winter´s Dream I and II, Accolade I and II, Candlelight Fantasia, A Lesson before Dying, Revelation and Egypt reached the top of the polls...

Can you imagine a tour setlist with those songs??? For me, it will be just fuckin´ out of this fucking world.

But... where is Orion - the Hunter :confused:

:(

I wonder how much time they'll have on stage for the double headlining shows with Iced Earth. Would it be about half of what they'd normally get?

As I understand it, it's a co-headlining tour, which usually means that one band will headline one night & the next band headlines the following night & so on.. so SymX's set time would depend on whether or not they're headlining. I may be wrong tho, let me ask management how this tour is going to be laid out.

I've seen co-headlining tours where the two main bands both play the same amount of time but switch off who closes each night. My guess is that it will be something like that. They'll both probably play around 90 minutes.

I really really love from the Iconoclast album the song "Bastards of the Machine"... and it isn't competing!? I don't know why!? It's such a great song! It fricking rocks! Hell Yeah! Does anybody have listened to it? Anybody? The thing is that in February I'll go to a Symphony X concert in Montreal and I want them to play it live and loud!!!

Yeah we've all heard it....

I´m really glad to see that Communion and the Oracle, The Oddysey, Awakenings, Through the Looking Glass, Edge on Forever, Divine Wings of Tragedy, Winter´s Dream I and II, Accolade I and II, Candlelight Fantasia, A Lesson before Dying, Revelation and Egypt reached the top of the polls...

Can you imagine a tour setlist with those songs??? For me, it will be just fuckin´ out of this fucking world.

But... where is Orion - the Hunter :confused:

:(

Yeah, it's cool to see those songs leading in their respective polls. It would be awesome if they did a setlist with all those. It would be an amazing musical experience, but it probably wouldn't be too appealing to the newer fans.

I agree about Orion. I would have liked to see that, as well as The Relic, but we can't have everything we want.

As I understand it, it's a co-headlining tour, which usually means that one band will headline one night & the next band headlines the following night & so on.. so SymX's set time would depend on whether or not they're headlining. I may be wrong tho, let me ask management how this tour is going to be laid out.

Ah, that's what I was trying to say, co-headlining lol. I just couldn't think of it for some reason. And that's what I was thinking would happen, with the closing band getting the most play time.

I've seen co-headlining tours where the two main bands both play the same amount of time but switch off who closes each night. My guess is that it will be something like that. They'll both probably play around 90 minutes.

That would be cool, but it seems like it'd be a long concert, but since there's only going to be 3 bands total, I guess not.

Well,I don't think they will play for 90 minutes.Last march they went co headlining with Nevermore playing 1 hour,it was lucky for europeans that last
october they were headliner,so you'll have to expect a set for 90% Iconoclast.

To me, there are no surprises with the tentative list of top voted songs. A lot of them are what I picked and almost all are songs that you see people love a lot over at this forum for example.

Too bad I missed to vote for the first two albums, but oh well. It's basically just The Edge of Forever anyway.