SETLIST

Thanatos said:
omg lumitalvi you still post here and I thought you'd disappeared cause I got no reply to my PM :eek:

Huh?? :erk: was I the one who messed up? I thought you lost interest or something...:oops:
Umm.. sooooo I´ll pm sometime in the near future, ok?

ps. I´m always here, but meaning THIS board only :dopey:

I'm just curious, who all in here is going to the show at El Corozon on the 23rd in Seattle? Myself, my girlfriend and 4 other friends of mine are flying down from here in (cold as fuck) Alaska to check it out...I cant wait!!!! I'm glad to see the songs that are on that set list...I have all the Hypocrisy stuff, and thats not a bad set list at all...yeah theres other songs I'd rather see on there (Killing Art anyone?), but given they're sharing the stage with 5 other bands, they're a bit limited. So, just out of curiosity, how did Nile and Decapitated sound ('specially curious about Decapitated and their new vocalist)? With Passion is another one I'm curious to see live..I have their album and its quite good...just wonder if it translates well live...Soilent Green and Raging Speedhorn will probably be the times I get drinks...lol! :D I'm so fucking stoked to go....:hotjump:

ok well here's a tip for you. If you're desperate to see With Passion and Decapitated, make sure u arrive at the venue EARLY...like at least earlier than the open door time i'd say. Cuz i went to the Santa Ana one tonite, got there at 8:05pm, when the tix says show starts at 8pm. Then guess what? by the time i got inside the venue, decapitated and with passion already finished!!!! sux but oh well since i was there mainly for hypocrisy since i already saw decapitated with vader.

Here's the order of the bands that played:
With passion
Decapitated
Raging Speedhorn
Soilent Green
Hypocrisy
Nile

Anways, the setlist is the same (mine's not in order):
Warpath
Eraser
Carved up
Fire in the sky
Scrutinized
Impotent God
Fractured Millennium
Rosewell 47
Let the knife do the talking.

Merch:
t-shirts $20
Virus, front album art, back tour dates, very awesome
Penetralia, front album art with white old logo, back old logo in white

Hoodie: $35 (good deal!!)
ZIP-UP with Red OLD logo, and back has the upside down cross symbol in red as well

Girlie: old logo in white i believe

Then they were selling couple cds..even those polish band ones like Elysium etc.

Decapitated just had Nihility shirts and negation shirts. Nihility was also available in LS i believe

Nile just has their usual merch on www.jsrdirect.com nothing new.

Sadly i didn't get a chance to meet hypocrisy cuz they were too tired after the show that they already went to sleep when the show ended. Oh well.

thanks for the advice!! and I'm not necessarily "desperate" to see With Passion, I wouldnt mind checkin out their set...but damn. I'll be pissed if Decapitated already plays by the time I get there...hmmm...guess I'll just make sure that my ride gets us there EARLY...if anything, to start drinkin some beers..lol. and good heads up on the merchandise!

I saw the show in Tempe, AZ on Tuesday. Damn good show. I didn't really like With Passion, they are good musicians just not the kind of music I'm into. Decapitated kicked some ass though. Only songs I remember them playing are Lying and Weak, Nihility and Spheres Of Madness...I think they played new ones too. The new singer had a good growl live, don't know why he doesn't use it on the new record? Oh well...Raging Speedhorn was horrible, tough guy core from England. The Fat vocalist called everyone posers because no one wanted to make pit to their horrible music. Soilent Green were pretty good, couldn't hear the vocalist at all though. That's when core kids came out and started doing windmills, punching the air and spin kicks and what not...blah!

New paragraph for Hypocrisy. May I say, this is the best I've seen them out of the 4 times I've witnessed these guys. They played everything on the setlist up there. When they played the older songs I was the only one singing, and I was doing it loudly and a lot of people could hear me over Peter, kinda funny. Impotent God was my favorite live track so far. That was a fun one to growl to. I hope they come next time as a headliner.

Nile was up next. Karls mic sucked so you couldn't hear him too well. But they had a nice sound overall. I don't know too much from their new one, but when they played shit from BSOV and ITDS I was psyched. Though some of the set was pretty slow and I felt I was in slow motion too. Good set.

I ended up getting the Decapitated - Nihility shirt. I know I should have got the Penetralia shirt, but I hope JSR Direct will have it, if not, oh well I won't die...but I probably will.

LifeDepraved said:
The new singer had a good growl live, don't know why he doesn't use it on the new record?

thats because its a new lead singer. Sauron left the band! its some guy named Coven I believe. never heard of him, or the band he formerly sang for,Atrophia Red Sun. I went lookin for the info on the Decapitated site, but for whatever reason its not operation right now? but I found it on the Earache site:

**Interview with Decapitated's new vocalist, Covan
The young pretenders to the death metal throne are back in action. Decapitated, one of the most widely praised extreme metal acts of the last few years, are working on their forthcoming fourth album with a brand new singer in tow. Covan, former frontman with Polish crew Atrophia Red Sun, replaced the band's previous singer Sauron earlier this year and, if the following interview is any indication, he's a bit fucking chuffed about the whole thing. Meet Covan, he's coming for your cider!

How did you become the new singer in Decapitated?

It was strange because everything happened so fast and now I don't remember exactly. I guess it was Martin who phoned me and asked me if I wanted to go out for a beer. We met and talked about this and that. Vogg was also with us. They asked me what I would say to helping them out on some upcoming gigs because Sauron was planning on quitting. I was a bit shocked because I knew that they had been close friends and music mates for years. Than I talked with Sauron and he said that it would be a good choice for the band and he made this decision himself. I had some doubts but he said that he had faith in me. So I said ok, why not. It's great because this kind of music is a new challenge for me. It was also perfect timing because my band Atrophia Red Sun just split and we were doing nothing special besides drinking and working in our normal jobs.
Covan and Sauron

Tell me about your musical history...what bands have you been in before? What kind of music did you love when you were a kid? What do you love now?
I started playing in a garage with a couple of friends from my neighbourhood, like most bands. We
played various kinds of shit, starting with Punk and ending with metal songs. Than I joined Atrophia Red Sun and I spent about nine years with them. We split up earlier this year. Over the years I was a guest vocalist with local bands such as Sceptic, Thy Disease and Crionics with whom I also recorded some tracks on one of their albums. There were also some industrial hardcore projects which never came out. I grew up on Slayer, Godflesh, Benediction, Carcass, Grave and Venom. I also loved bands like Scorn, Napalm Death, Pitch Shifter, Sepultura, Death and many more. Now I try to be more open minded and avoid strictly inhaling only metal bands. I listen to various kinds of stuff. It's really great when you can explore different kinds of music from all over the world.

Were you a fan of Decapitated before? What are your favourite Decapitated songs? And which one are you most looking forward to singing?
I knew Decapitated before from parties and live shows. I only had some of their early stuff. 'The Negation' is a great album. Great production and sound! My favorite tracks I think are 'The Negation', 'The Fury'...fuck, all of them are great! My favourite to sing is 'Spheres of Madness' from the 'Nihility' album because when you feel the beat you just flow, man, you just flow! I go crazy when I hear that track!

How strong is the death metal scene in Poland right now?
It's quite strong. Everybody knows Vader or Behemoth but we have plenty of talented bands which really deserve to be noticed. We also have bands that sooner or later will be known to the death metal maniacs of the world. For example bands like Lost Soul, Serpentia, Dissenter, Trauma, Thy Disease, Nomad and many more that I have forgotten to mention. Sorry for that. I only hope that more and more bands from Poland will have more opportunities and better chances to show what they can do.

Is this a new era for Decapitated? How ambitious are you? What do you want to achieve?
Every change in a band is a kind of new era. I don't really know how this will all work out. I don't want to make plans because we all live in such fucked up times that it is hard to predict what's gonna happen tomorrow. Deep inside my head I have plans and goals that I want to achieve. For sure I want to improve as a death metal vocalist in a great band such as Decapitated!

What should we expect from the new album? Will it be similar to the previous albums? What has your contribution been so far? Have you written the lyrics?
This question is far beyond even my imagination! I can't predict what the new album will be and how it
will sound. I have written some lyrics but the rest will be written in the studio. It's very hard to say
what it will all be like.

Explain the album's title, 'Organic Hallucinosis'...
Let me be dictionary precise! It's "a disorder of persistent or recurrent hallucinations; usually visual or auditory; that occur in clear consciousness; in the absence of significant intellectual decline, predominant disturbance of mood and predominance of delusions. Hallucinations have been reported in various neurological and systemic medical disorders". That's all in brief. Next class will be at eight. I think that it's a great title.

Are there any song titles you can tell me? And what are the songs about?
Not at this time. Everything will be done while working in the studio. One thing I can tell you is that some songs will be my personal observations, experiences and some will be inspired by a diary that my friend found near the city main station and which belonged to a punk girl that was experimenting with hard drugs. It was eight years ago. She was testing most of the hard chemicals that are available in our country. Heroin, brown sugar, glue and so on. It seams that she became addicted to heroin. It was killing her. I don't know if she is still alive. I hope she managed to escape from this cliché. This inspired me because you could see her daily life where violence, love and drugs were mixed together. This diary is also kind of warning to people who want to experiment with heroin but also it gives you some imagination why this whole shit began. We all know that stress caused by school, parents, lost jobs or crushed love sometimes puts you on the 'path of escape'. We all seek pleasure and peace of mind, even if it will be hell.

What's the best thing about becoming a member of Decapitated?
Music. Weed. Heineken. Humour.

Are you looking forward to touring the world with your new band?
Yes I am. It will be crazy fun and a huge experience.

Decapitated are famous for enjoying a beer or two...are you a big drinker too?
I also enjoy a beer or six, then some Tequila shots or Vodka to make the blood flow better!

Are you looking forward to playing shows in the UK?
Yeah! I have been to the UK some time ago. It seems like 1000 years ago when I think about it now. I stayed for like 2 months as a guest in Torquay. It was boring because the family that I was living with was afraid to let me out to go to parties or pubs. They thought that I would kill myself, maybe? One weekend I managed to escape and went to a big local discotheque! I couldn&Mac226;t find any good rock or metal pub there. The bouncers didn't let me in anyway because I was wearing some metal t-shirt and I was underage. But I did manage to find some nice English metal fans and they introduced me to mighty cider and fish and chips. It was good but mixing it all made me puke! I also visited my friends in Wales. They had some great parties with local soccer players. From that time I know that you people drink almost as much as Polish people do! I like that. It was fun.

Do you have a final message for Decapitated fans?
Stay tuned for our new album and our gigs. I hope to see you on tour. Support metal!**

oh yeah, theres also a new album out very soon...at least in Europe...lol

Saw the show in Santa Ana, CA last night. It was the best I've seen Hypocrisy play in the last 2 years. The set list posted earlier is right on and the songs were played in the exact order listed. Hypocrisy blew me away so much I left after their set and didn't see Nile. There was just no way any band on that bill was going to put on a better show and I wanted to end the night on a good note. Raging Speedhorn sucked ass!!

I dont want to start any rumors but my friend asked Peter when Hypocrisy was coming back to the States and Peter said September. Oh and Peter said they were HEADLINING

To be honest I am kind of disappointed in this set list. I don't have VIRUS yet so those are all new to me and I was looking forward to hearing the fourth dimension or inquire within. Oh well Fire in the Sky and Eraser will do.

That show in San Antonio was fucking great, their new album certainly fucking kicks major ass.....Ive heard some songs on it...and the songs played at the show were great, yet I still dont have the album...Reason Being is because damn Nuclear Blast street team told me they were gonna send it...I STILL havent received it yet..DAMMIT!!!, But yah..I was there in the front like all Hypocrisy shows, singing my lungs out..They need to headline one of these days...

Looks like im going to this show late so i dont have to sit through 4 horrible bands before hypocrisy and nile. I wouldve wanted to see decapitated if sauron was still in the band, but their new vocalist and material is so fucking terrible that i cant even sit through it.

Anybody have nile's setlist?

LifeDepraved said:
WHOOAAAAA! You are loooong overdue to buy Virus. Best album they put out in years imvho.

It showed up once when it first came out but I wanted to wait a few weeks and see if I could get one without the error and sure enough I have never seen a copy again.

heh about setlists..heres a setlist of song that they never played live (or if they did Im not aware of it) and thatcould be awesome

Inquire within
Dominion (maybe they played it when the final chapter came out)
Elastic inverted visions
The departure
the arrival of the demon part II
another dead end for another dead man
Burn by the cross
Never to return
Fearless
Resurrected
Mind corrruption
Shamateur or Lies
Craving for another killing
Living to die or All turns black