setlists

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Why do people bitch about setlists? What do you expect? Them to tailore make one to your favorite songs?

I don't get it... I've never bitched or been disappointed by a setlist. Sure sometimes I wish a band would have played a certain song I love, but that surely would have meant removing some song that they did do... that is a song somebody else loves.

Bitching when a band doesn't play your favorite song is pretty stupid. If the band is completely ignoring a large part of their catalog though, I can see why somebody would complain. Also when they pretty much play only new stuff, or even the entire new album without any songs older than two albums (although that kind of fits in with my last statement).

The only time I ever saw bitching was when Ozzy-Sabbath was playing the same 8 song setlist for the ump-teenth time, which really puts a damper on wanting to see them more than once (especially for what Ozzfest tickets cost).

The only time I ever saw bitching was when Ozzy-Sabbath was playing the same 8 song setlist for the ump-teenth time, which really puts a damper on wanting to see them more than once (especially for what Ozzfest tickets cost).

Haven't they been doing that for the past 20 years?

- R

Setlists are always gonna be a topic of discussion. No matter what a band decides to play someone will always bitch about it. Specially if it’s an established band that has a long career behind them (i.e. Priest, Maiden, Megadeth etc.) I find it harder for bands such as these to please their fans with material from their newer albums since they have some from “back in the day” that would be considered classics.
The obvious thing for a band to do would be to promote their newest album (if they have one) while still keeping some of their old songs in the list, however if that album has not been out for a while then fans might not know it.
Having said that with all the downloading and myspace, fans may have already heard those songs before purchasing the album.
Testament for example, they streamed their whole album on myspace before their Powerfest performance and I for one had already heard the tune before I bought the album.
But anyway like I said before, someone will always bitch about them.