Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Evil_Legend said:
For me, personally MAIDEN went downhill after DI'ANNO left the band. The S/T and KILLERS rule! The S/T is one of the most influential metal albums of ALL-TIME.

I agree with you to a certain extent although Maidens most influential album is NOTB.

Profanity said:
I agree with you to a certain extent although Maidens most influential album is NOTB.

I disagree. Their sound was strongly developed on the debut and other bands were already using that influence long before NOTB came out. It had to have been a floodgate for metal back then. Bands from everywhere were probably blown away when they heard that first IRON MAIDEN record.

me said:
So let’s just get this straight: it’s 1979 and Steve Harris, a bass player, had already written guitar-heavy oriented songs like “Phantom of the Opera”, “The Ides of March”, and “Wrathchild”. The bootleg of that first gig at The Ruskin Arms is legendary. It couldn’t be more apparent that people were taken aback with the technicality of epic songs like “Phantom…”, when having just endured two years of three-minute sloppy punk songs and infected safety pins. And that’s exactly where the crowds began to drift – away from the punk and mod scene, and towards, what we now refer to as, the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWoBHM). In fact, take a look at the clothes MAIDEN wore on the sleeve of their debut, and the punk look was still in residue. Jeans and biker jackets. No vests and lycra in sight for the time being

JayKeeley said:
The search functionality returns............. :kickass:

BUMP.

Pleeeease somebody (MArkgugs) tell me that you have live video footage now from the Seventh Tour. It is one of the few things I want in life. Well, that and Bruce's first shows in Milan (whether fake or not).
I don't have any video for you, but I do have some audio if you're interested.

Heh, cool thread JK! :cool:

I fucking love this album, as well (most of) you know. Though it still comes in behind Powerslave to me (but only Powerslave). And no Ali, I have no video footage :lol:

I could probably look for some, though. I'm currently grabbing a show from Rio in '85...Live After Death-era :D

Thanks guys, I have audio (bootleg and official).

That tour looked spectacular, what with the ice statues etc. Video footage is the preference if you please (even better if you can get the Donnington Monsters of Rock show in '88).

:kickass:

Ayeka said:
You guys talking about Maiden England?

:OMG:

Why have I always thought this was from the No Prayer tour? D'oh is me.

OK I must get this....but now I'm wondering if I should hold off just because it will be included in the next DVD set? I shall go check.

It will probably be in the next DVD set yeah, and it fucking RULES... If you can't wait and shitz, download.

On a small side note I got theStill Reigning and Early Days DVDs today, got some watching left(FIVE FUCKEN HOURS?!?!???+ Kickass!!) but mybrother's watching some pokershit now

OK, it'll probably be on the next DVD set, but I've been waiting for this for years....so I bought the VHS on eBay for $8 incl. shipping. Mark - you can have a copy, dunno how to do a VHS copy though. I barely make use of one VCR, let alone two. :loco:

Here is the set list:

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
Still Life
Die with your Boots on
Infinite Dreams
Killers
Can I Play with Madness
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy Name
Iron Maiden

All on the 7th Son stage set up:

1988-08-20_b_small.jpg

JayKeeley said:
OK, it'll probably be on the next DVD set, but I've been waiting for this for years....so I bought the VHS on eBay for $8 incl. shipping.

Did you get the one with the CD? I think that has an extra song or two...

JayKeeley said:
OK, it'll probably be on the next DVD set, but I've been waiting for this for years....so I bought the VHS on eBay for $8 incl. shipping. Mark - you can have a copy, dunno how to do a VHS copy though. I barely make use of one VCR, let alone two. :loco:

Here is the set list:

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
Still Life
Die with your Boots on
Infinite Dreams
Killers
Can I Play with Madness
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy Name
Iron Maiden

All on the 7th Son stage set up:

By far the greatest setlist Maiden ever chose for their tours, at least IMO
headbob.gif

I used to know how to work 2 VCRs at the same time, lol, not anymore. Maybe I'll just come over and watch it at your house and drink all your beer.
tickled.gif

Finally. I was never able to tie the entire album concept together. I thought it was all out of order or something.

Operation Mindcrime threw me for a loop until I went to the Queensryche website. What a nifty explanation...

Yeah, I kinda enjoyed writing out my thoughts on this album, having owned it now for over 15 years.

It's interesting because "Only the Good Die Young" is probably my least favourite song on the album, and yet it has some of the best lyrics. I love this line:

"Walking on water are miracles you can trust, measure your coffin does it measure up to your lust? So I think I'll leave you with your bishops and your guilt, so until the next time, have a good sin".

You can tell from a million miles away that Bruce penned those, heh.