SEVENTH WONDER is looking for a new DRUMMER

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
This does not affect already booked gigs. All scheduled gigs will be performed with Johnny at the helm, and 100% devoted to the task!

SEVENTH WONDER is looking for a NEW DRUMMER

========================================

We envision that any applicant is a drummer with a well enough developed technical proficiency to be able to play through just about any song from our back catalogue. This should also work in a live setting with a metronome in a reasonably relaxed and steady manner. You who apply for the position should have a passion for the music we create and the genre in which we are active. The ability and will to sing back-up vocals during live sets is a plus. The band is active in Stockholm and that is also where the studio is, -a fact to be considered by all applicants. Previous live show experience is a plus, a drum set of your own is a must.

To apply:

1) Record a video of reasonable quality of yourself playing two Seventh Wonder songs from Waiting In the Wings and/or Mercy Falls

2) Record a video of yourself playing anything else that you feel shows your drumming and your skills in a good way

3) Describe yourself, your musical background and activities, life situation and visions. You may either write this in the e-mail itself or in a file that you attach.

4) Send links to videos (for either download or streaming) and text according to bullet no3 above to: drummer@seventhwonder.nu

5) You do not have to be Johnny –be yourself

Thank You!

//Seventh Wonder

[Swedish]

SEVENTH WONDER söker NY TRUMMIS
========================================

Vi föreställer oss att du som söker är en trummis med tillräckligt välutvecklad teknik för att kunna spela i stort sett vilken låt som helst från våra skivor. Detta bör också kunna genomföras med gott resultat och med måttlig ansträngning i en live-miljö, spelandes till metronom. Du som söker positionen bör ha en passion för musiken vi skapar och genren inom vilken vi verkar. Viljan och förmågan att sjunga stämmor när vi uppträder är ett stort plus. Bandet är aktivt och hemmahörande i Stockholm, vilket också är platsen för vår studio och replokal –detta faktum bör beaktas av sökanden. Tidigare live-vana är ett plus, egna trummor en förutsättning.

För att ansöka:

1) Spela in en video med acceptabel kvalitet som visar dig framföra två Seventh Wonder låtar från Waiting In the Wings och/eller Mercy Falls

2) Spela även in en video där du framför ett valfritt stycke som ger en rättvis och bra bild av dina färdigheter som trummis

3) Beskriv dig själv, din musikaliska bakgrund och aktiviteter, din rådande livssituation samt dina visioner i text, antingen direkt i mailet eller som en bifogad fil

4) Sänd länkar till videoklippen (antingen som en länk för nedladdning eller för strömning over nätet, exv YouTube) tillsammans med texten enligt punkt 3 till följande e-postadress: drummer@seventhwonder.nu

5) Du måste inte vara Johnny –var dig själv

Tack!

//Seventh Wonder

Best of luck to you, Johnny. You are one of the best percussionists I've ever heard, but I know SW will find a replacement that will make us all happy. Again, best wishes to you and the band. I'll always be a fan!

I'm really sad in reading what's happening to my favorite band.
But, nevertheless, it's Johnny decision and I think everybody has to accept and respect it.

I'm lucky because I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with you, Johnny, during various gigs and I have great and funny memories of those moments. World is too small to prevent me from having some beers with you, as we had in Lillehammer right before the release of Mercy Falls.

You are a REAL friend of mine :worship:

Christian Nyqvist from Lost Horizon should be perfect for u. Did a google on him and it seems he plays with a coverband called Nyfikengul..... I liked his energy.

Hope u find someone soon

:erk:this is a really sad news as JOHNNY is a great guy, a fantastic drummer. I ll never forget the unforgettable time we spent together. Especially when he performed all the drum parts of the cd while I was driving my car :lol: grande Johnny all the best to your life and to your bigger and bigger family :headbang:

really happy to see you in Atlanta at least!!!! :kickass:

Andreas - Sorry about my confusion

Johnny - I have 3 brothers and when we watch the SW live videos, we always keep our eyes on you... I mean as you command the band with your incredible pulse, how you play so powerful and your amazing fluency. We and my friends will miss you.

Greetings from Chile.

What happened to the drummers in the prog world? Do you think that we may witness the ultimate member swapping: Mike in SW and Johnny in DT? It would be a great relief to know that both will stay in the "family"! Let me please be right!!!

...And then hearing his terrible replacement. :(

I disagree, though I'm the first to admit that it's a taste issue and you can't really argue about taste.

Brian has done a good job stepping into the void that Mike left and I think should be respected for the singer he is, rather than just being seen as a replacement for Mike. Besides, from what I've seen of the live material that's popped up of their first-ever live show in Tannersville, PA, Brian is doing a good job performing the old SG material as well.

Johnny, it must be real hard for you to leave SW, particularly after you guys really upped your stuff with The Great Escape. I just saw your video of Alley Cat, and my, was I blown over. What a great piece, what a great video !!!

Johnny, you're a terrific drummer, seemingly a great father, and you work fulltime, so it's understandable that you could'nt go on with that. It must have been terrible for you to make the decision to leave SW and tell the other guys.

What's extra sad is that, the way SW is rocketing these years, I foresee that the members will be able to soon make a living outta their music.

Good luck, Johnny, and SW, good luck with finding another great drummer, and I hope to hear a lot more great music from you guys.

Nicky.