Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

Wow Totally amazing song!!! Now its gonna be a long wait to her the album !

That's what I meant indeed.
The song 'Octavarium' (by DT) is one huge piece/one track - 24 minutes, no skipping within the song possible - , 'The Oswold File' (by Mob Rules) is in fact an 18-minute-song about the Kennedy assassination but contains chapters/parts that can be played seperatly.

The story behind the song and full details will be posted in the near future, but some info right now;
-it is written in 13 parts. I assume that it will be one track but since the album isn't mastered yet nothing is final.

Right away I am inclined to say that it is one track, because it truly is one song, and I wouldn't like to have 12 additional tracks on the CD. However, everyhing is possible still.

But more importantly -it is so good that it only feels like 10 minutes! :loco:

Ok, thanks for explaining!
We'll just have to wait and see. I hope you guys have some saying in the final decision about that song (a song should be on the album as it was intended to be).

Oh, don't get me wrong -we have final say!

What I meant was just that we haven't really discussed it amongst ourselves yet. The long one is sort of my brain-child so I just blurted out how I felt about it, but I am open for input of course, once we sit down and discuss it.

It is the title track but the actual story of the song is one thing, and the overall concept/feel of the album is more loosely connected to that topic.
Or you might say that there is one umbrella-like topic that encompasses the entire album and feel (almost), and one aspect thereof can be seen in the artwork, video, style if you will,and another in the long title track.

We'll get back to you on that though! ;-)

The curtain of mystery finally begins to open....
Nice work with "alley". Love the video also. I have waited a while for an honest "only band playing" -type of video.... Not suprised you hitted that sweet spot too...!!!

eagerly waiting for more,

-Kromi

I'm scared to death of spiders ...but I guess that this time I'm going to win my ancestral fears :lol:
The difficult part starts now: how can I wait until the end of the year???

Well done guys, the first position in my personal 2010 metal ranking is still available :Spin:

Actually, it would be really cool if the whole lyric of the song could be posted here, because I'm really really curious, especially about the chorus ("Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my... what?).

Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my wire to the light, you're the (sparkle ... the night). Oh baby let me stay where I'm at, in your side-aisle...

Love it how the drums and shirts have the hourglass symbol, I'm guessing this will be the biggest concept of the decade!

I know it's funny...but i literally cried when i heard this song. It's so beautiful and perfect.
I just really want to congratulate you guys for making something like this!
Tommy, such great voice and Andreas, you do make wonders with that thing :) :) :)
Thank you

Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my wire to the light, you're the (sparkle ... the night). Oh baby let me stay where I'm at, in your side-aisle...

I think it might be something like this:

(Baby) Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my wire to the light, and my spark here in the still of the night. (Baby) So baby let me stay, where i'm at. In your sight, i always feel alright.

Let's take a look back to a while ago.
The songs that were mentioned in 'the making of' were;

- The Opener,
- The Long One (aka The Marathon One aka The Great One),
- The Straight Forward Rocker,
- The Weird Proggy One,
- The Angel Song,
- The Africa Song and,
- The Slow Song.

The tracklist will be as follows:
1.Wiseman - [5:42]
2.Alley Cat - [6:06]
3.The Angelmaker - [8:29]
4.King of Whitewater - [7:20]
5.Long way home - [4:26]
6.Move on Through - [5:04]
7.The Great Escape - [30:14]

Let's put them together;

'Wiseman' is obviously The Opener :p
'Alley Cat' is The Straight Forward Rocker
'The Angelmaker' is of course The Angel Song
'King of Whitewater' is The Africa Song
'Long way home' is The Slow Song
'Move on Through' is The Weird Proggy One
'The Great Escape' is of course pretty clear as well.

So, how does this look like?

I think it might be something like this:

(Baby) Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my wire to the light, and my spark here in the still of the night. (Baby) So baby let me stay, where i'm at. In your sight, i always feel alright.
After listening to the song a few more times (total count is around 15 i guess ;)), you are definitely right with your assumption. In fact, i instantly heard "side aisle" when i listened to the song the first time yesterday. i'm no native speaker of english (german) and i had to look up what "aisle" meant and since it could mean the small path between two houses which are close to each other, I figured that this is the ideal place for an alley cat to hang out (given that the "alley cat" is indeed meant to be a CAT, the animal, and not what the term "alley cat" can also refer to, i think you know what i mean...)

@ Kazar: though alley cat is relatively straight forward, I'd put "A day away" above it, in terms of "straight forwardness". Alley cat is close to Welcome to mercy falls regarding the complexity and structure and i would not be surprised if alley cat is the weird proggy one. But I'll admit that there are more weird and proggy songs in the repertoire already, e.g. destiny calls. We'll see. Whatever alley cat is categorized as, it's one hell of a song.

The guitar sound is by the way far superior to the sound in Mercy Falls. I always wanted the MF guitars to sound a bit more raw and agressive and it seems like The great escape will deliver that. cool!

Yeah, apart from the chorus, I don't think Alley Cat is that straightforward. And there are three songs on the album that will be shorter, too (though one is of course the opener).

If you look at time signatures, I guess Alley Cat isn't that straight forward, but it does sound semi-straight forward compared to most of the Mercy Falls album. Confronted with those choices, I'd guess this to be the straight forward rocker as well and that the guys have come up with something even more proggy than this :)

Hey all, I made a little attempt to get the lyrics to Alley Cat.
Of course, feel free to fill in the blanks and to comment about what is wrong.

Seventh Wonder – Alley Cat

I got a broken heart and a broken smile
When I fall I get up even if it takes a while
Seeking shelter in the ghost of Elvis
and all the magic Michael left this world

And I ain’t leaving......... know that
Sometimes, I tried from the wrong side
Somehow, I’m terrified
Somedays, I would stay inside to cover that I cried
Being twice as sorry because I’ve lied

Such a sad looking clown in a world upside down
Who ... the alleys of this town
There's but one, little sun where she can savely run (where she comes undone)

Chorus;
(Baby)
Oh Baby, let me stay your alley cat
you're my wire to the light, and my spark here in the still of the night
(Baby)
So baby let me stay, where I'm at
In your sight, I always feel alright

I’m right where I don’t want to be
And it’s a mystery how the will to fit is makin’ me a hole in history
As long as I’m alive I won’t be free

Sometimes, I’m left on the ouside
Somehow, I got no right
Somedays I am trying to survive .......collide with an empty Jackie by my side

Such a sad looking clown in a world upside down
Who .... the alleys of this town
There is but a little sun to where she can savely run (where she comes undone)

Chorus

Why me, I’m trying to find a way to erase it
Rewind
Help me, face my fear
Stay, pulling strings my dear
You'll be like a puppeteer

Chorus

Edit; used 'get up' and 'to fit' from Bronnen's post.

GRAAAAAAAANDIIII!!! completely addicted to the catchy chorus "Sometimes/somehow/someday" that my wife and my son have learnt perfectly as I'm singing that pratically everyday (in the shower, shaving, wearing my cowboy boots, etc...)

I LOVE the instrumental parts @ 4 minutes JOHAN / ANDREAS duo...A BLAAAAST!

SEE YOU IN USA !!:headbang:

P.S. TOMMY will you have your eyeliner in Atlanta stage too?!?! :Smug:

I've found a few things that I think can be changed.

Seventh Wonder – Alley Cat

I got a broken heart and a broken smile
When I fall I get up even if it takes a while
Seeking shelter in the ghost of all this
and all the magic Michal left this world

And I ain’t leaving if all that
Sometimes, I tried from the wrong side
Somehow, I’m terrified
Somedays, I would stay inside to cover that I cried
Being twice as sorry because I’ve lied

Such a sad looking cloud in a world upside down
Between the alleys of this town
Desperate one, little sun where she can safely run (where she comes undone)

Chorus;
(Baby)
Oh Baby, let me stay your alley cat
you're my wire to the light, and my spark here in the still of the night
(Baby)
So baby let me stay, where I'm at
In your sight, I always feel alright

I’m right where I don’t want to be
And it’s a mystery how the will to fit in is makin’ me a hole in history
As long as I’m alive I won’t be free

Sometimes, I’m left on the ouside
Somehow, I got no right
Somedays I am trying to survive (can't make it out) ......... with an empty Jacket by my side

Such a sad looking cloud in a world upside down
Between the alleys of this town
There is but a little sun to where she can savely run (where she comes undone)

Chorus

Why me, I’m trying to find a way to erase it
Rewind
Help me, face my fear
Stay
Pulling strings my dear, will be like a puppeteer

I don't know if my changes are right, but I hear Cloud as opposed to clown.