Seymour Duncan SSH7-8 B 4C Invader Black for 7 String

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hello Dudes :kickass:

Maybe some of you know this Pick Up? I wanna upgrade my Ibanez S-series. Can someone confirm the quality of this passive Pick Up? What is your opinion about it?

Seymour Duncan SSH7-8 B 4C Invader Black for 7 String

Maybe someone actually has a test tone or a link to it?

Greetings,

Felix Neumann

Hey Felix, I have both neck and bridge in the invader 7 string in my ibanez rg 7620.

I bought the guitar 7 years ago with them in it and have kept them ever since.

I love them, especially on the chug stuff. They are very high output and have a lot of body. Against my mates ibanez rg 7420 loaded with an emg 707, the 707 seems sterile and too cutting compared to the invader. There is more warmth with the invader, and it just sounds thicker all round than the 707.

I love the cannibal sounding guitar tone, where thicker is better for me, so hence the invader.

I went to the seymour site a few years back and I think the invader has the same eq pattern as the DIMEBUCKER (which I also love).

I would post a clip, but I am new to recording and its techniques, and need to learn a lot more before putting something up. But if you are keen to here it, I could throw a chuggy riff together with drums and post it, but please keep in mind that my techniques are so so at the moment (sounds a bit toilet like lol:lol:), so just let me know if you are keen.

I haven't tried the 7-string version, but the 6-string version of the Invader has infinitely more mids than the Dimebucker.

I used to like the invader for it's sheer power and bigness, but as I tried other fat-sounding pickups, I realized the Invader sacrifices a lot of clarity to get it's fat tone, while other better (just my most humble opinion) fat/big sounding pickups don't.

Thank you very, very much for your help, dudes! I think, I will try this Seymor & Duncan. I always been a friend of this pick ups sounds!

You'll find this pickup muddy as hell in a 7 string, even with the thin body of the S.

Do you mean "muddy" in a negative way?