Shadow Gallery...DVD chances?

angrarox

Sep 20, 2004
Germantown, Tennessee
It's getting closer and closer to the festival and I'm wondering if Shadow Gallery has thought about recording the concert for a dvd. They could do a Kickstarter campaign. Anyone on the forum talk to any of the guys in SG? It would be nice to know what they were thinking...:headbang:

I assume you're talking about the ROSfest show. SG went on about 15-20 minutes late, probably due to technical difficulties setting up. There were a couple sound issues during their set, i.e. guitars weren't EQed for solos, but the sound crew kind of figured it out. Honestly, for how many instruments and mics there are on stage, I don't know how one guy can keep track of it all. Only complaint is they had 1.5 hours set break to figure that out before SG went on... what was the problem?

As a result, SG played a shorter set than most anticipated. Gettysburg has a firm 11pm noise curfew. I absolutely loved what I heard and you PPUSA guys are in for a real treat. DC Cooper came out dressed up like Pain of Salvation's Daniel, a.k.a. Mr. Money, for New World Order. You'll totally dig it.

Only complaint is they had 1.5 hours set break to figure that out before SG went on... what was the problem?

As a result, SG played a shorter set than most anticipated.

They were using a new in-ear monitor system (using new mobile technology) which they tested out at their rehearsal show the week before & it worked just fine, but for some reason (Murphy's Law?) it failed during their sound check, so the delay was switching everything to the floor monitors and re-checking their levels. As a result, they were still fixing some sound issues earlier in their set, but hopefully that won't happen again :)

Actually, SG only had a 90 minute set prepared for the RoSfest show but they should have more material prepared for PPUSA.

Thanks for the insight, USAPROGMUSIC! I wish I could make PPUSA this year but I'm going back to school and I have to duck out for the next 2 years.